Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I would tell people if I had unlimited funds, unlimited time, and no mortgage on my properly zoned acreage:

"Yes, they're all mine, all up to date on their dog licenses, vaccines and other health care needs, fed only the best quality dog food available, properly exercised, trained, and socialized, and frequently walked as a pack in their cute little matching homemade doggy shirts.

Yes, I know what causes this. I volunteer for many rescue organizations, write letters to my congressmen, and am involved in many grassroots organizations working to end the commodification of living beings on a systemic level. I am not a breeder, my dogs are all sterilized or on appropriate birth control, and most of them came from homes where they were deeply loved by people who simply didn't have the resources to care for them. I do. I am not an animal hoarder. You can't buy any of them. You can't hire me to train your dog to look like them. No, I don't want a job. No, I don't want money no matter how much it is.

But if you think my hands are full, you should see my heart."

But since that is a poorly written story and this is reality I have GOT to stay off of Craig's List. I found the perfect pit bull for us. She's only 45 lbs, about the same age as the girls, and is being fostered with a Chi. Laurel would be safe and Chocolate would be THRILLED.

The only small minor glitch is this thing called "Capitalism". Le sigh. Le cry.

Chocolate doesn't judge. Chocolate doesn't ask rude, personal questions. Chocolate understands.

I love my dog's name but I love my dogs more than I ever imagined I could. They're a matched pair of "yin and yang": home raised and rescue, smaller and larger mixes, one cream and the other black and tan.

My dog family is complete but I am so blessed.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Amen to that! Fur kids truly are such a blessing..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts