Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I just got my first chihuahua on Saturday. She is 15 weeks old and weighs 2 lbs. 7 oz., so I imagine she'll be pretty small.. Her name is Josie and she has a very spunky attitude and loves everyone. I did have a question for some of you experienced chi owners though.. Yesterday, my brother (who was trying to have some fun) scared her by pouncing on her from behind. She was freaked out, but appeared to warm up to him again afterwards. However, last night when we were sitting on the couch, he tried to pet her and she growled and snapped at him. Is there anything he could do to repair the relationship? He's only 12 and he feels really hurt when dogs don't like him. Thanks so much! :)

235 Posts
Yeah Michele... thats exactly what i would have done ..
give him something tasty that she finds delicious and get him to sit on the floor with some in his hand tell him not to make eye contact with her ...have the treat in his hand on his lap tell him not to look at her let her go to him and keep repeating it over and over she will associate him with her fav treats lol

BTW OMG she is absolutely beautiful what an absolute cutie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dunno weather this will help but i find this girl amazing this episode is not about a chi but kinda similar anyway heres link

1 - 10 of 10 Posts