Chihuahua People Forum banner

jumba possible tear stains?

890 views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  luv4mygirls 
#1 ·
i was wondering since jumba is a light blueish silvery color if i should use something to keep tear stains from happening... does anyone think he'll get them with his coat color?

#5 ·
nemochi said:
Stitch is already getting tearing on his face :( but I think thats because he's lighter around his eyes umm as long as u clean his eyes daily it shouldnt stain too much
Your baby is kinda like Gizmo's color and stains aren't a major problem...it just looks like he has rings under his eyes sometimes...we joke around that Gizzie had too much Tequila the night before..

Ahhhh, my Gizzie...I miss him... :(

#6 ·
SunnyFLMum said:
nemochi said:
Stitch is already getting tearing on his face :( but I think thats because he's lighter around his eyes umm as long as u clean his eyes daily it shouldnt stain too much
Your baby is kinda like Gizmo's color and stains aren't a major problem...it just looks like he has rings under his eyes sometimes...we joke around that Gizzie had too much Tequila the night before..

awwww dont worry Gizzie will be fine :) With Stitchy we have no idea what colour he's going to go lol everytime I call his breeder she asks me what colour does he look now. He'll either get lighter and go a kinda bluey red I'm thinking or darker and go chocolate sable like his mum. Zara was actually born the same colour as Stitch and this is her now.

He's already the spitting image of his mummy in everyway except colour currently

sorry for hijacking Jumba's post :(

#7 ·
nemochi said:
SunnyFLMum said:
nemochi said:

awwww dont worry Gizzie will be fine :) With Stitchy we have no idea what colour he's going to go lol everytime I call his breeder she asks me what colour does he look now. He'll either get lighter and go a kinda bluey red I'm thinking or darker and go chocolate sable like his mum. Zara was actually born the same colour as Stitch and this is her now.

He's already the spitting image of his mummy in everyway except colour currently

sorry for hijacking Jumba's post :(
no worries for "hijacking" the post :) :wave:

#11 ·
luv4mygirls said:
nemochi said:
is jumba's face getting lighter or darker?
he's pretty much staying the same but his face is slightly lighter than the rest of him...
I'd just clean his eyes at the moment every morning and evening but if they look like they might appear thats when u can use something stronger. Do his eyes tear a lot? Stitch's eyes are always wet

#12 ·
chiwi and jumba both have teary eyes. i wipe em with cotton balls and lukewarm water. they also drink filtered water which if it looks like their eyes get worse i'll give them bottled (i forgot the reason but the vet's recomend bottled water if the dog has real bad teary eyes....)

#16 ·
luv4mygirls said:
no, his eyes are jsut always a little watery. not like a fountain or anything just normal teary chi eyes. i was just worried cause his fur is so light and the stains are reddish brown and he is by far reddish brown lol.
Mandy, I was just looking more closely at the pics of Chivi and Jumba in your siggie. I remember back when I first joined the forum early this year, Chiwi and Jazzy looked so much alike and had very similar coloring. But as they have gotten older, Chiwi seems to have gotten lighter whereas Jazzy has gotten darker.

It just amazes me how much their coat colors can change as they mature.
Jumba has absolutely beautiful coloring - but then he is a doll anyway!

#17 ·
chimom said:
luv4mygirls said:
no, his eyes are jsut always a little watery. not like a fountain or anything just normal teary chi eyes. i was just worried cause his fur is so light and the stains are reddish brown and he is by far reddish brown lol.
Mandy, I was just looking more closely at the pics of Chivi and Jumba in your siggie. I remember back when I first joined the forum early this year, Chiwi and Jazzy looked so much alike and had very similar coloring. But as they have gotten older, Chiwi seems to have gotten lighter whereas Jazzy has gotten darker.

It just amazes me how much their coat colors can change as they mature.
Jumba has absolutely beautiful coloring - but then he is a doll anyway!
i'm so excited that her muzzle is staying so far :) i was told that they can fade or disappear altogether and it's one of the parts that i loooove about chiwi's face! you need to get on the ball with updated jazzy pics ;)

#19 ·
ilovesadie said:
I would just wipe them every morning and night and I dont think you should have a problem!

Does anyone's chis wipe their own tears? Sadie always wipes the corners of her eyes on her leg and then licks her leg clean. I've never seen Ritzy do that. Just wondering if anyone else does?!
chiwi cleans her face and ears like a kitty! she;ll lick both her paws and then rub them from her ears all the way to her nose in one sweeping motion! it's adorable!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.