Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you chi-people,just got a few question...i like to be informed and ready bevor i get my doggie.1.How often do you give your chi a bath?2.What do i do when i first get him home and he starts crying at night?Ilike to bike ,is there a safe way for me to transport him(of course he has to get older first)would love for him to tag along.3,How to i interduce him to my cats?Thanks in advance for any tips and anwers. :grommit:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
1.How often do you give your chi a bath?
I give Gadget a bath about once a month... but I wash his face everyday, and if his ears are dirty I wash them weekly... I brush his teeth 3 times a week... he loves brushing his teeth...

2.What do i do when i first get him home and he starts crying at night? Well, everybody is going to have their own idea of what to do. Are you crate training... I got gadget @ 3 weeks (yes I know it was WAY to early) I was going to crate train him but he was so little and had to be fed every couple hours I made him a bed in a box and put him right by my side of the bed and that is where he has been ever since,... by the time he was old enough to start crate training he was already trained for his bed my mine so I didn't have the heart to crate train. But I did make him a pin for his bed and food/water dish and his potty pad... he has never cried at night, except when he was hungery... good luck

I like to bike ,is there a safe way for me to transport him(of course he has to get older first)would love for him to tag along. I like to bike to. I have thought about this too. I think I am going to put a basket on my bike and put him in it and hook him in like you would in a carseat. (I have one of those for him too) I also have a bag for the front of my bike that is also a fanny pack and he loves it when I put him in it and take him shopping with me... I might alos use that as long ashe fits in it.

3,How to i interduce him to my cats? I don't have a cat but I would take him over to the cat and put him close to the cat and introduce them while you are there...
Good luck and god bless
[/b]

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
1.How often do you give your chi a bath?
Once a month

2.What do i do when i first get him home and he starts crying at night? try to get him in a routiene as soon as possible, he will cry for the first few nights but will soon settle in just fine :wave:

3,How to i interduce him to my cats? I just let my cat watch him for a while and he would sit a safe distance away - make sure the cat can escape if he wants to and everything will be fine - I used to think my cat would think he was a rat or something but they go and smells and can tell hes a puppy :wave:

good luck

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Gadget's mom and Ozzysmom for the info ! The more i know the better.Another question....what do you use to brush thier teeth? :withstupid:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i got chiwi a finger brush, it's a clear rubbery type thing that fits over my finger and has bristles at the end of it (bristles are made of the same material the whole thing is) they also make regular toothbrushes for dogs (and cats!) there is a finger brush that is plastic and has bristles like real toothbrushes too. if all else fails the dental tech at my job recommends wrapping gauze around your finger putting the doggy toothpaste on that and brushing the teeth like that.

·
Registered
530 Posts
There are also back pack type carriers that would work for biking or in the car or plane or where ever, I've seen them at petstores and online, can't remember the site right now. :D

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Seiah Bobo,thanks for this great website....i checked it out !This carrier for the bike seems ideal :headbang: :wave:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts