Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered if you could help me with any of these questions which i am curious with, just for knowledge.
1) How many puppies does a chi have?
2) can they be whatever coated l/h or s/h?
Or do they have to be put to a short hair and a short haired to get a definate shorthair.
Sorry for the stupid questions just a lady with echo (?) had pups and got a short hair and a long haired? in the same litter and i was just wondering.
Thanks!
Faye x x x :D

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
xfayex said:
I wondered if you could help me with any of these questions which i am curious with, just for knowledge.
Or do they have to be put to a short hair and a short haired to get a definate shorthair.
Sorry for the stupid questions just a lady with echo (?) had pups and got a short hair and a long haired? in the same litter and i was just wondering.
Thanks!
Faye x x x :D
i'm no breeder but from what i've seen they can have anywhere from 1-4 puppies, some larger girls can have more pups (i've seen a litter of 6 once) and 2 shorthairs can have a long hair if long hair is in their genes (i've seen tht happen too) and vice versa 2 longs can have a short if it's in the genes. a short and a long can have all long, all short or a mix. but like i said i'm no expert just going by what i have seen :wave: echo had a short and long puppy, the father was a long hair...

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply! You have been helpful. I like learning about these things!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Typically less than 4...

You can get both coat lengths in one litter. If you breed two short hairs, you will be more likely to get short hair puppies, but that is no guarantee. It's always a surprise! [/b]

Don't apologize for asking questions; we are always glad to help! :D

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Chico was from a litter of 3 pups...he and his sister were shorthair and his brother was a long haired. i didn't see the parents so im not sure if they had long hair or short hair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts