Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He seems fine today. I've been reading stuff online and seems that he may not be that bad because he still acts cheerful. He isn't eating the recommended pet food given from the vet.

I read they need to be on a lower protein diet. Just wondering if he eats chicken and rice is that just as good as the vet diet food? If he doesn't continue to atleast eat a little of the vet food im going to have to take him back in :(

Vet said he gained like 3 oz but he feels so skinny to me.

oh and his ALT (GPT) read 349 and was supp to be 0-80.

Just thought i'd let you know a little more of what was going on.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
If it's dry food from the vet,have you tried adding some water to make a gravy ?sometimes that makes them eat

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I'm not really very familiar with liver issues but I know some here are so hopefully they can help. Glad to hear he seems to be feeling a little better though.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm glad he seems to be feeling better and that he's cheerful. That's good. Thanks for the update. :)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Our vet said boiled chicken and rice was a fine substitute for the prescriptions hills food, but that was for a tummy virus so Im not sure if it would be the same with liver trouble. I would just call them up and say he isnt eating that food but will eat other things, and ask if chicken and rice is an OK diet for now. Theyre used to hearing that pets wont eat that food, and should be happy to suggest an alternative for him. Glad he seems to be getting better!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts