Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, like I told you guys before...chico was having a lot of reverse sneezing attacks and had really bad allergies. i just wanted to update that its been a week since the carpets have been cleaned (and since i totally stopped smoking in the house) and chico has greatly improved!!! :) He only had 2 reverse sneeze attacks this week, and one was when he got excited from playing with the kitties, and the other was when he got excited because we had some people over. But he's doing much, much better...i'm so happy.

Just wanted to let all of ya know! :D

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
That is great news! :)

I wonder if that is true of dogs as it is children? Kids are much more vulnerable to sickness when they are around cigarette smoke. Interesting...

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
That's great news! I think a certain amount of reverse sneezing is inevitable with chi's but it's wonderful that your efforts have really paid off. :)

Lily's been doing a lot of reverse sneezing since Friday morning. I'm not sure if it's allergies or a reaction to the kennel cough vaccination she had Thursday night. These are not the usual, very mild reverse sneezes. These make her neck muscles stand out and her whole body from the midsection up is involved. She was much, much better today so I'm inclined to think it was a reaction to the vaccination.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thx all :D when we move next month, the carpets will be brand new, so i think he'll be a lot better then. i'm also waiting on my air pruifier i ordered. and about the dirt and germs in carpets...I KNOW! YUCK! I get grossed out just THINKING about the carpet in my apartment. This carpet has to be at least 10 years old...who knows what the people who lived here before me were like. thats why i told the management at the place where we're moving to next month that i have allergies, my husband has allergies and asthma, and my dog has allergies...so i'd appreciate an apartment with a brand new carpet. they said no problem. (i think when its a matter of health problems, they will do it, no questions asked) i can't wait till we move though...its such a nice, quiet place. and we'll be closer to my hubby's mom and his little bro and sis. :D

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i looove carpet ...but we don't have it

that's a good thing ...you don't want to know how many times my chi's peed on the bathroom rug :shock:

kisses nat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts