Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm very happy to have found this forum, I have already learned a lot.

A little bit about me:
My name is Erika, I'm 24 years old and live in Northern California. I have always had a passion for animals. I live with my mother in a condo and we have a small zoo of critters. Currently: 1 Crested Gecko, 3 Rats, 2 House Rabbits, 3 Indoor Cats and 2 Betta fish. I won't get into a lot of details about my situation, but I am on disability. I was diagnosed with Major Depression Disorder, Social Anxiety and Severe Insomnia. I'm on a combination of medications that helps keep me stable. Normally we are not allowed to have dog's in our condo complex, unless it is a therapy animal or emotional support for those with disabilities. My psychiatrist thought I would benefit emotionally from having a dog as an companion. Having one would also get me outside and talking to people. So I got a letter from him and that was enough for the HOA to approve of us having a small canine.

About our Chihuahua mix: Her name is Roxy, she is only 2 months old and her birthday is May 5th. I saw an online ad for chihuahua puppies that a family was needing to get rid of. I expected sickly looking puppies. They weren't wormed and didn't have shots. I knew it would be a big risk getting one from them, but I was very surprised when I got there. The mom looked to be a purebred Chi with good conformation, and she was friendly. I also caught a glimpse of the dad who belonged to the neighbor. He was black and white, a bigger dog but still small, with long hair. Obviously a Chi mix. I found out the mom had a litter of 8 puppies! :shock: There were only 3 left, two boys and Roxy. I instantly had a connection with her.

She saw the vet last Tuesday and to our amazement, she is in great health! Our vet checked her heart, looked over every inch of her, took her temperature, checked ears, eyes, and mouth. He said her jaw was aligned perfectly. He was also very impressed by how social and sweet she was. He is a wonderful vet and tried his best to make her first experience fun. Her stool sample came back negative for parasites. Another shock! It looks like we really lucked out with Roxy. She has also been a really wonderful puppy so far. She has already learned to do her business on the potty patch. She sleeps through the night in her playpen cuddled next to her big stuffed panda toy. :cloud9:

We transitioned her from the crappy Pedigree food she was on in her previous home and she is currently eating Wellness Small Breed Puppy. She eats kibble during the day and has some canned at night. I'm looking into going premade raw though. She is 2 lbs on the dot. It will be interesting to see how much she grows. I don't think her ears are going to stand up, but that is okay by me.

Here are some pictures of the sweet little baby girl.

Next to a music CD for size comparison. :laughing6:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Oh, she is so cute!! Sounds like you are doing everything right. And her ears may surpise you and one day pop up. Smoke was almost 5 months old before his stood. But even so she is adorable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, she is so cute!! Sounds like you are doing everything right. And her ears may surpise you and one day pop up. Smoke was almost 5 months old before his stood. But even so she is adorable.
Thank you! Of course I love her whether her ears are up or down. It will be fun to see what they decide to do though.

Welcome to CP!

Roxy is just too adorable and tiny! I love her coloring :)
Thanks for the welcome and compliments on my furbaby. :iconbiggrin:

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Welcome Erika! :wave:

Your little Roxy is adorable. I can't wait to see pictures of your other pets.
I hope you enjoy the forum. The folks on here are very nice, there is a ton
of cute dogs and loads of info. Don't be shy to share more pictures and I'm
looking forward to getting to know you & your fur babies.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Welcome! Roxy is a little cutie pie and I'm sure she will be a wonderful addition to your little menagerie :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Welcome, so glad to "meet" you! Your baby is adorable. Thanks for introducing yourself and Roxy! Hope to see you around! =D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts