Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so here I am drawing a tat for a friend of mine that is in the marines. And my dad walks in and tells me that I should go into a small side job kind of thing since my friend is paying me for the work. He asks what it is that I like to do. And my answer all the time is "design". See, I love to draw. I was top five in a Pepsi Playground Contest back in '91(i think?). And my art was featured at our local mall back when I was a freshman in high school.

Anyway, I told him that I want to design clothing and to do tattoos. And he said I should go for it. Too bad that doesn't apply to a life-time job. (I'm in school for nursing.)

He also said that I should get a license and junk. My bf's cousin is a lawyer and she can do a lot for me since she knows a lot of other lawyers, so I'm covered in that. I would love to share my artwork if anyone would like to see 'em...

I just want input. No hard feelings if my work isn't great. I know I need to clean it up, but it's a start.. Thanks for reading! :wave:

·
Registered
936 Posts
I would love to see your art!!! :D Also being a tattoo artist or fashion designer I think are very respectable life time jobs. My tattoo artist is soooo busy all the time, you need to make an appointment in a month advance. I know this lady makes bank. Also if I didnt go into interior design, I would have gone into fashion design.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you like interior designing? I love that profession too! I've seen real nice work too! I'll definitely post some pics tomorrow. They are drawings of celebs. I got a few tattoo stuff that I did for my brother and bf and I'll post those too. :wave:

·
Registered
936 Posts
MsStephanie said:
How do you like interior designing? I love that profession too! I've seen real nice work too! I'll definitely post some pics tomorrow. They are drawings of celebs. I got a few tattoo stuff that I did for my brother and bf and I'll post those too. :wave:
To be honest I hate it. I hate charging people and it doesn't fit my personality. I'm not really the type to be like "NO, this is the way you should decorate and you can ONLY do it this way." But if your not like that then some people are so indecisive that you get nowhere, and have to turn into that bossy demanding person. I'm now looking into the finacial advising field. But I'm going to continue designing for friends and family. :D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Ohhh, I would love to see your art!!! I have pages and pages of clothing designs.... but was always afraid to take it anywhere. Family and friends say they are great, but what else are they going to say!! LOL

I think that is why I have done well with the dog outfits, cuz I can sit down - design them, make them, and sell them without having a degree in fashion!! LOL and it's really fun!! I hope to make this a real business so I can quite my "day" job and have a studio for my pet fashions, and I can bring Mia to work every day!! Woo HOO!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you! I was a little 'bleh' for the first one cuz I haven't drawn for a few years when I started it, and then I kinda got better as the weeks went by.. :wink:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I just have to say - they are all great - but I really love the 2nd pic! Wow, the lips, and the eyes..... man - I can't beleive your not sitting in some art gallery in New York or something.. If I could DRAW like that .... MAN!!!! Do you mind if I print those - I would love to show them to some friends?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mia's Mom said:
Oh, and the most important part (2nd Pic) the EYEBROWS - I am totally an eyebrow person - I think the lips and they eyebrows are what give women that "Pow" factor!!

:lol: :lol: It's funny you said that because I have no eyebrows..hahah Okay maybe some but I draw them in every single day!! Errrrr They won't grow back! I think I might have been a little 'tweezer happy' back in the middle school days. :lol: Anyway, I don't mind people printing it out, just as long as they don't claim it's theirs or copy/draw 'em and say they did it on their own, ya know? I know you won't do that though.. :wave:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
LOL - sorry about the eyebrow thing - LOL Actually, I spent about 3 years with only half of my eyebrows!!! I was teased by my husband all the time. My eyebrows were thick and straight across. So... I plucked out the outer half and over 3 years only let it only grow where I wanted it to. Now I have a nice arc in my eyebrows... it's one of the things I get complimented on alot. But boy it took some time and I had to draw them in for 3 yrs!! I still fill mine in with pencil - I just like the way it looks!!

PS. I will definately tell people this is some art from a new and upcoming artist and I can say I knew her - when!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
omg !! you could really make money with this!!!!

you know drawing faces is the hardest and you do it so well !! you are a real ARTIST

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
WOW!!!! those are great... It is like you had the real person sitting right there.. the second one is perfectly done... I would go and get a place in new york or Cali and get soem clients and get drawing.. you have a talent there that not alot of people have... your dad is correct you need to do something with your talent...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The first is of the late R&B singer Aaliyah.. That was done on some poor quality paper.. 2nd one is of the beautiful Angelina Jolie, and lastly, Miss Christina Aguilera when she had the outrageous blonde/black hair.

Thanks for the comments ladies!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
awww I would never have guessed the third one lol :lol: but the one of Angelina is so amazing it is exactly perfectly like her :wave:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ozzy&Lily'sMom said:
awww I would never have guessed the third one lol :lol: but the one of Angelina is so amazing it is exactly perfectly like her :wave:
Hehe.. It's ok. I don't expect everyone to know who those drawings are of anyway.. Sometimes I wonder if some of my drawings really do look like the person. :D

·
Registered
936 Posts
Wow, no you are a GREAT artist. I knew immediately who each on was. I think you did great on Aaliyah, Angelina, and Christina. Wow if I were you I'd go into the art field.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts