Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh god i got such a scare!!
Sorry this is long.......
Was totally my fault and i feel like such a bad mummy, but Dillon wriggled from my arms and landed on god knows what part of his body!!
I was in the hall with him and since i have to keep him quiet in the evenings due to neighbours, i picked him up from the livingroom to take him with me to the kitchen to get the cats food sorted.
The hall was dark so i was struggling to put the light on and he just leapt!
Fell like a brick on the hard flooring and walked away screaming!!
I just freaked!
Anyway, i imediately called the vet out of hours number and we took him across town to the Vet ER.
I wasnt taking any chances.
He was walking about fine while i was on the phone but before that he was a bit wobbly and it scared the life out of me that there was real damage!!!

Anyway, he got a good check up, she checked his eyes, gums, heart, legs and felt around his ribs and tummy area.
She gave him a painkiller injection incase there is pain and bruising.
She said he is fine but to just keep an eye on him.
He screamed getting that injection too, and she said he is a bit of a drama queen, and that i shouldnt really molly coddle him whe he is like that.
I normally dont, but when something like that happens, too right i will love on him and tell him he is ok!
I said this to her too.
My own vet did say he tends to over react more than the girls, and that is true, but he is still a puppy and needs me to be there for him.

Honestly i feel i have aged 10 years with that scare!
Now am worried cause he is asleep on my lap with the girls, incase it isnt just cause he is tired from all the excitement, but rather something wrong!
I know i am just in a panic at the slightest thing, but i cant help it and i feel so bad!:(
Thank goodness J was still here, he would have normally been away to work but didnt have to go in till later tonight.
He has asked for a hol as i am still worried, but they wont tell him till later, so he is on the road now, great eh!
Anyhow he could be back.

J knocked on the neighbours door as we were leaving to say the girls are in the crate and may bark a wee bit, but they dont do it long, and explained about having to go to the vets.
So that should shut them up! ha!
The guy said ok thanks, and good luck, at least.
Honestly though i couldnt have a gave a monkeys about them at that point.

I will def not be carrying him anymore like that, he can just run wild into the hall even if he makes a noise!
Even though i was told he is fine, i will still worry and feel like dirt for quite a while yet.:(

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Oh terri you poor thing I think a lot of us have dropped our dogs at somepoint some are just wrigglers!!! Glad he is okay tho u need a large voddie xxx

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm glad to hear everything is ok! You aren't a bad mummy at all, they are wriggly little things and it wasn't your fault.

I'm sure Dillon will be just fine, try not to worry too much (easy to say). :)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Sara.
I am still feeling so bad about it, and worried about him!
The wee soul is still asleep right now, but i may wake him now and then. lol
He is due a meal at about 10.30 anyhow, so will let him walk to the kitchen for that.

Have smoked like a chimney since i got in!
Wish J would hurry and get back, his work are creeps about giving hols though, so he may not be.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks London, i cant help but feel bad, but i know i wont let that happen again that is for sure! x

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Brooke.
They are so wee and you just think they will break sometimes.
They are pob a lot sturdier than we think eh, but it's always good to check.
I am a worrier at the best of times. x

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Oh Terri, you must have been beside your self. Thank heavens he is okay. And we all have accidents we have no control over. That's why they are called accident's not on purposes. Don't beat your self up. things happen.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I know the feeling. They will try to just lunge out of your arms. I always have a death grip on mine now. Fern did the same thing, but luckily it was when I was putting her in her bed so it wasn't a far drop, but either way sooo scary. Glad all was alright. Sheeeewwww!!

Lori

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Oh gosh, Terri, I'm so sorry, hon. I can only imagine what a massive scare that was for you. You are a great Mommy though, one of the best, but freaky accidents like this happen sometimes. Please don't beat yourself up about it. I'm so glad he's ok and doing well. :)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Glad he wasnt badly hurt! Youre a great mum! Accidents happen, and you did the best thing for him running him into the vets for a look over. Im sure he is just fine, Ill bet he is just feeling a little drowsy from his shot. Hope you have some company soon, it is easy to over-worry when you dont have someone there to check your fears!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
That's really stressful Terri!! I'm so happy that he's OK. I would have coddled him too. ;) I'm sure he will be just fine tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, i know you are right, but i feel so clumsy and crap!
Something similair happened with Darla when she was smaller, but only from my lap if i remember, and i have been so careful since.
But now have added stress with the neighbours, so been carrying Dillon a lot.
But no more!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
J isnt allowed a holiday from work, he just text.
So am on my tod!
They dont even need him tonight, cause he checked with another guy while we were in the vets.
His boss is just not a nice guy, and it is just a dog to them too!
Stinks.
Least i have the girls and Dillon here.
I will be spoiling them all tonight, and i dont care!
He got some tasty chicken when we got back too. lol.

The girls sniff at him now and then, and god did they go mad when they heard him scream.
I think they got a fright too, bless them.

Anyhow thanks for all the support, really appreciate it. xxxxx

·
Registered
588 Posts
Oh you're not a bad Chi mom! Accidents like this happen, and while these little guys are definitely fragile, they are hardier than we give them credit for. I dropped Elliot when she was a pup once due to wriggling and I felt awful. :(

I'm so sorry you got such a scare!!! I've said it once, and I will say it a million times I'm sure... Oh what these little Chis put us through!!!!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Oh geez. My heart dropped when I saw the title of this thread! :(
I'm glad everything is seeming to be okay now. Hopefully after his good nap with the girls he'll be 100% back to normal. :) Try not to worry too much, if you can help it!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Bless you Terri, I know you were so frightened..I am so thankful the vet thinks he is not injured, just perhaps bruised some. The shot may be causing his drowsiness and making him nap. I would certainly give him lots of extra hugs, snuggles and attention!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
So pleased he is okay and I know what's its like to worry, I am a worryaholic and been in this frame for 6 months....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts