Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Louie had his puppy jab done again as we cannot get his dates off his previous owners :foxes15:

Anyway, they popped him on the scales and he is 3.6kg! :eek:
Acording to an online converter thats 7.9lbs!

What a little fatty!! :dog::laughing9:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It really is an eye opener. I always thought that a 7lb chi was quite big, but hes nearly 8 and is still small!

It makes me think my god 3lb chis must be so titchy tiny! I'd be scared to have one so much smaller than him lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
My little girl is only a pup so she's mini and i'm wishing her to grow up, she's so small!

Bear in mind a newborn baby can be bigger than your boy, so he is really small!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy moly the thought of having to give birth to something the size of him is terrifying! Man thats gotta hurt!
Oh yeah I know hes small, I was shocked at his weight as I always thought 8 pounders were bigger but hes teeny!

I love my boy whatever size he is <3

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Lol mu daughter was 5lb when she was born lol

Did the vet day his weight was ok or if he needed to lose some?? Only asking so I can sort thy menu out

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol mu daughter was 5lb when she was born lol

Did the vet day his weight was ok or if he needed to lose some?? Only asking so I can sort thy menu out
Oh yes I was going to PM you about that
His weight is fine to stay the same hes not over or under :)

Cannot wait to see the menu quite excited about it.

Really appreciate it hun x

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Aww bless, well he does look a small boy even in pics.
He is very like my Daisy and she is just over 5lbs, maybe less now since she has lost weight recently.
Just goes to show you, these are wee dogs no matter how many lbs. x

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
It really is an eye opener. I always thought that a 7lb chi was quite big, but hes nearly 8 and is still small!

It makes me think my god 3lb chis must be so titchy tiny! I'd be scared to have one so much smaller than him lol
Well, as the owner of a fairly "titchy tiny" chi, I can tell you it's all relative. Tango's 3 1/2lbs, but compared to the 7 week old, 1lb 11 oz pug puppy my roommate just rescued, he looks HUGE lol!

And I think it was MChis who posted a pic somewhere of two of her dogs, with a weight difference of 3lbs maybe? And just visually, you could hardly tell which one weighed more. Different dogs carry their weight differently I guess. I saw a chi in the pet store the other day, so I started chatting with the owner. She was looking for clothes for her dog, and was telling me her chi's measurements. Her dog was shorter and not as long as Tango, which SHOULD have meant her dog looked smaller. But he was overweight, very solid and square looking, and visually he just looked huge in comparison to Tango. Yeah, he weighed more but still, he measured both in both length and height as smaller. Didn't matter he just looked big!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
8 pounds is still a very small dog. He looks quite small in the pics! I think he's just perfect. ;)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
He doesn't look fat. Just healthy. 8 lbs. isn't a big dog. Very common Chi size these days. And what matters is that he is very loved, no matter his weight. He's an Angel!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Don't cut him back, Godric was almost 9lbs at his fattest but once his legs sprouted and filled in his figure he's down to 6 :]

What a darling little one :]

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
are you sure the scales were correct? Honey is 3.3KG and she is very over weight.
Honey is almost 5 years old!
Louie does not look over weight, I wonder whats going on?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
are you sure the scales were correct? Honey is 3.3KG and she is very over weight.
Honey is almost 5 years old!
Louie does not look over weight, I wonder whats going on?
It's probably puppy pudge, literally Godric was SO fat when he was a puppy and weighed a ton but as soon as he evened out the weight went right out and i'm scared he's too thin now! I think the vet would worry if he was an adult at that weight, but the vet probably doesn't want her to diet a puppy just yet.

Weird how weight works, has a lot to do with frame/build etc.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
When I had Draco at the vet for a nail clipping, we put him on the scale....9.4 pounds. Sadly, I have been overfeeding him . Now it is controlled portions and few treats. He is supposed to be around 7.5 to 8 pounds. Bad mama with all the treats.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Oh I love my boy just the way he is i'm just shocked by his weight as hes such a small doggy really.

He's almost 16mths old so is he still growing or is that about it?

Hes not over or underweight so no idea where hes hiding it all lol

Its crazy how much size and weight can differ

Here he is all 3.6kg of him! One standing and one lying down he doesnt have an ounce of fat on him hes got a real slender build

1 - 20 of 23 Posts