Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used my coupon from "huskyluv" and bought The Honest Kitchen, the Thrive formula:) Thanks for the coupon!! I don't know if anyone else uses this for their babies besides huskyluv, but I was wondering how much I should give the girls..Bella is 2.5 lbs and Libby is probably about that weight as well right now..It says to give 1/2 cup dry if they are less active and 1 cup dry if they are very active per day and that is for dogs under 10 lbs. It suggests to do it twice a day..Anyone have any recommendations for how much they should get?

Also, I currently free-feed, so how do I transfer over to just feeding 2 or 3 small meals a day??

I was thinking of feeding them once when I wake up at around 7:30 am, then after work at around 5:30 pm and then once at night before bed, like 10 pm..They are very small and I want to make sure that they will be okay when I am gone at work..Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I cant give you any advice on the feeding etc.... Since I am just thinking of if I should order THK!! So you have to let me know how you like it, how your pup likes it etc. :)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Amber, I feed my girls about 1/8 cup of THK per day and Faith is 6.5 lbs and Glory is 7.5 lbs. My girls are adults and they get fed THK for dinner in the evening but they do get treats in the morning as their breakfast around 7-8 am, another treat in the early afternoon around 1-2 pm, THK dinner around 4-5 pm, and another treat before bed around 8-9 pm. If they didn't get so many treats I might have to feed more HK but that gives you an idea of how much my girls eat.

Depending on how much extras you give beside their regular meals you might start with 1/8 cup per meal for your girls since they are still growing and tweak your feeding amounts as needed based on how they do. Good luck with it, I hope your girls do as well as my three do on it!

Your feeding schedule does sound good, my mother in law leaves out a variety of treats for her chihuahuas when she goes to work so that they have something to munch on if they need to while she is away. I don't work and am home with my dogs all the time but whenever I do have to leave them home while I go shopping or running errands I leave treats with my dogs just in case. They really are spoiled rotten. lol

Pawsntails and Tricia, if you guys are interested I have coupons for THK that I can email you if you decide that you want to try it, send me a PM if you want them and I'd be glad to share them with you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts