Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank goodness it didn't come to this, but I was wondering, what if the little guy needed surgery? Not being my dog, could I have gotten "in trouble" if I had ok'ed surgery to fix say a broken leg? If, heaven forbid, it was your dog I found and they had neded surgery, would you have wanted me to help the dog or wait until I found you? I have an excelent vet service, been going to them since 1987 and have always had the best care from them. Never had to go through this before, usually the strays that find me are just filthy and flea infested. So, what is your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
614 Posts
If for some reaason Toby went missing and he had hurt himself or been hurt and was in pain, i would be greatful that you had of taken care of him and if i found out that you had been caring for him i would pay you back the money that you had spent getting him seen to.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'd be greatful as well if one of mine went missing was nurtured like that. I'd repay the money even if I had to pay it back in payments if that was the situation.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I would want you to take any emergency steps necessary and alleviate pain.
I, of course, would be frantically searching for my Tabby or Jerry with every
Vet in a six-State area; and they are microchipped. So, you wouldn't have
to make many decisions before I would find you/them and be there...

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I would hope that you'd take whatever steps necessary to save my dog's life or repair damage. I would also expect to reimburse you for whatever costs you incurred.

That said, I can't ever imagine a scenario where either of mine could go missing. They're leashed outside, gated inside, and if I don't see/hear them after 10 minutes, I go investigate to see what they've gotten into....sorta like with little kids lol!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you for your answers. I have had dogs gone missing, we get horrible wind storms here sometimes and my fence blew over a few years back. Of course, I was at work when it happened. Got them all back but my cocker I had to pick up at the SPCA. He was tagged, so they called me. I, too, would want someone to help one of my animals if they ended up lost and hurt. I was just wondering how other owners felt.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I know I've read somewhere that 5 days after you take a dog in he's legally yours if the owner doesn't show up to claim him. I'm not entirely certain, but still I think there is some definitive time limit beyond which the original owners forfeit all claim. I just don't know if it's different state to state.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Five days seems a bit short. I will wait two weeks just to be sure. I got two calls on my ad, but they both were for lost brown short haired dogs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts