Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for my girls' 2nd shots, and got their weights at 12.5 weeks. Bella is HUGE!!!!

Bella is 3 lbs 15 oz!! :nshocked2:
Izzie is 2 lbs 2 oz.

Bella gained 10 oz in about a week, and Izzie gained 4 oz.

I swear, Bella so does not seem like she is almost 4 lbs. That's crazy. Does that mean she's gonna be 9 lbs full grown? :nshocked2: I'm okay with that, but it's just crazy...

I think it's kinda funny that based on their weight now, Izzie will be about 5 lbs and Bella will be like 9! She'll be almost double her LITTER sister's size!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
So great they are such healthy girls!! So crazy the difference in their size. They are so cute!

Ruby is 4 months old today and is a bit less than 2.5 lbs. and Hope will be 5 months at the end of the month and she is almost 3 lbs.

Little Lacey here is 16 weeks and like a pound and a half (from another post) so I have NO CLUE how to tell what is average or what they will be!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
It's hard to tell how big they'll be as weighing them when their pups doesn't really mean anything. Most pups are really active & burn the food right up. They're both beautiful & look so healthy.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Tallie weighted 2 lbs. 1oz. at 14 weeks, but she has really slowed down at 6 months she weighted 3 lbs. 2 oz. and a month later she was still the ssame. Your little girl could slow down too.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have heard to double their weight at 12 weeks and add a pound, and that should be about their adult size... Nothing is exact though, obviously.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
She might be about 7-9 lbs, but honestly that's not that big. Ivy wasnt even a lb at 12 weeks and fern was just barely a lb. But they are exactly 3 1/2 lbs full grown. Willow was close to 3 lbs and should be about 8 lbs but is closer to 11 now, but she is loosing weight slowly on her diet:) but even at 11 lbs she is still small since she is a cobby body, she looks like a sausage:)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
She might be about 7-9 lbs, but honestly that's not that big. Ivy wasnt even a lb at 12 weeks and fern was just barely a lb. But they are exactly 3 1/2 lbs full grown. Willow was close to 3 lbs and should be about 8 lbs but is closer to 11 now, but she is loosing weight slowly on her diet:) but even at 11 lbs she is still small since she is a cobby body, she looks like a sausage:)
LOL Willow must look like Shayley! Shayley has a longer ish body but shorter snub legs LOL She's a bit chunky looking but she's not really fat it's just her body type. She's inbetween 9-10 lbs Kizzie is tall and skinny and she's 7lbs but she just seems so much smaller to me than 7lbs she's very petite. I tell Shayley not to worry about what her sister looks like and she's beautiful the way she is lolol :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't imagine adult dogs being smaller than Bella! I guess adults and puppies are built a lil different, lil thicker in the waist right now. But still, must be crazy having a 3.5 lb adult Chi!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Bryco is about the size of Bella only LC and fluffy! Oakley is 3.5 lb but leggy so people say she seems bigger (only from pics tho, no one in real life has ever said that they all oooh and ahhh over how tiny she is lol), she is almost 2 so she's full grown...its pretty small. You watch where you step and sit! Your girls may be maturing early or they may keep growing quickly, its hard to say :)

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I can't imagine adult dogs being smaller than Bella! I guess adults and puppies are built a lil different, lil thicker in the waist right now. But still, must be crazy having a 3.5 lb adult Chi!
Twiggy weighs 2 pounds 12 oz and she is 2 years old. She won't be growing any bigger.

At 12 weeks old, Pepper weighed 1 pound 7 oz pound and Smoke weighed 3 pounds. Now, Pepper is 8 months old and weighs 4 pounds 6 oz while Smoke is 10 months and weighs 6 pounds 7 oz.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Well, I have two of them, and you're right, it's pretty crazy. I certainly wasn't looking to own chis that small and it wasn't at all planned! Both were rescues. Tango was 7 months old when I rescued him, and I believed what I was told, that he'd end up at 5 or 6 pounds. Jazz was only 11 weeks when I rescued her, and I was a bit more savvy by then. I checked the weight chart, and also did the 12 week x 2 plus a pound calculation, and in both cases she was supposed to be at 4 1/2 - 5 pounds, which was still pretty small, but OK. Didn't work out that way at all lol! Regardless though, I would have taken her even if I'd known she'd end up this small....the conditions in which she was living were deplorable. :mad:

Tango's 3 1/2 pounds, Jazz is 3 3/4 pounds adult weights. It's harder to find clothes, and harnesses that fit, they can't get up and down on furniture as easily or as safely as a bigger dog (I have doggie stairs) and even though they're still amazingly resilient and tough considering their diminutive size, I DO have to consider their relative fragility compared to an even slightly larger breed. They don't eat much though lol! 1/4 cup of food each, per day. A small bag lasts me a LONG time, which means I can afford to feed them my pick of the best/most expensive foods available to me. And I pay the least amount of money for all the vet expenses that are calculated by weight.

Though I would have preferred, and was planning on larger dogs, now that I've got my two I wouldn't trade them for anything. They're just perfect for me! :love2:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am glad mine won't be THAT small. Izzie will be small, but not super small. We still plan on having kids soon, and doing foster care again soon. So although I will always be supervising, I don't want super fragile pups. Plus we plan on getting a bigger dog in the future, and at 3.5 lbs it'd be scary what could happen accidently...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts