Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: Hello,
I just recently got my darling little Nikki, shes nine weeks old and is a beautiful black and tan. I have a rescued Chi mix named Mikey and a Rotti named Dre. I live in East Patchogue, LI, NY. I have three children 20,17 and 12. I work at an animal hospital and love every minute of it.
I had a real exciting day today, my Mikey and Nikki finally played together. Mikey was always growling at her and I felt so bad because Nikki just loves other animals and wanted to be his friend. I kept her in a play yard enclosure and he took about a week before he would stop growling. He's a bit over weight but I think I have found his new workout partner, she had him huffing and puffing but he kept wanting to play with her. This is my first chi and I am so in love with this little breed. My Rotti really hasn't done anything with her, he stays away. I'm hoping he will fall to her charms too!
Just wanted to introduce myself and hope to meet some nice people here.
I'll be posting some pics soon.
Nice to meet you all!
Darlene

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Hi and welcome Darlene - glad you found us :wave:

Be careful with the rott not that he would intentionally hurt her but he may sit on her etc and could really cause some damage :wave:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
As far as the Rotti goes, I don't let the pup play unsupervised, she is so small I'm like a basketcase with her. The playyard is a godsend. I have it in the kitchen so she can see all and hear all and not get squished. I'm going to put the playyard outside too, because I have to many openings under my fence she could get under.
Darlene and THE CREW

·
Registered
642 Posts
:wave: Welcome! I can't wait to see pics of your little one!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts