Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce ourselves and to also say thanks for your help in the health forum. I have a 4 yr. old male chi. Lil Tyke, who has "World's Most Perfect Dog" written on his first picture. That says it all. He was supposed to be a tea cup, but is 15 lbs! The vet says he's all chihuahua, but a larger variety. My supervisor at work fell in love with a chi and we spend more time talking about our pets than we do our own children! I don't have a small enough pic attachment to send, but will work on it and send when done.

Katie

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
AND THAT JUST PROVES THE POINT THAT THERES NO SUCH THING OR NO WAY TO TELL A TEACUP :D

Hi and welcome katie and lil tyke so glad you found us , look forward to getting to know you both better and seeing some pics of your lil guy :wave:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I know what you mean about talking about our fur-babies more than about our skin kids---though my daughters are 30 and 22, and so Tucker truly is our empty-nester baby. :p

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Sweet! I love when owners of bigger chi's join. I have 1 chi, Mr. Peepers,who is also very big. Last he was weighed, he was exactly 10 pounds. He is not overweight either just big. Who knows maybe he'll make it to 15! I was told he would be 5 pounds, but I love him anyway. He's a sweetheart. I still want a 5 pound baby though!

Welcome! :wave:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hello and welcome! :)

My Chi, Zeus, is also on the larger scale for Chi's. He's a perfect and healthy 10 pounds. I look forward to getting to know you and seeing pictures.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Welcome to the forum - you have the best of both worlds: all of the Chihuahua antics that keep you laughing without the worries of him being as fragile as a 3 or 4 pounder. :D (which would derinitely be a good thing for clumsy ol' me!!)

·
Registered
257 Posts
My Dobbie is 10 pounds

Welcome. My Dobbie is a full Chi and is 10 pounds. When you tell people you have a 10# Chi, they look at you like you're WEIRD! But it's true. Now that my friend has a 3 month old female (1 pound, 13 ounces), I want a puppy. I don't care it it turns out little or a 10 pounder, just one of those c-u-t-e puppies. (Don't I sound like an empty nester?)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hi and welcome!! I am mom of Lola who I adore. I have to tell you, I just took my pup to the vet this morning and he weighed her and she has gained a half pound in 2 weeks, he also told me from looking her over, that he expects her to be about 5 pounds!! She is 5 months old, I really thought she was gonna be one of those 2 or 3 pounders. That is ok, but I guess we just never really know, he even told me she could suprise us and surpass that too. I just love her so much it doesn't matter. I will tell you also, that maybe it is better for them to be a little bigger, cuz she does seem so fragile right now!! :)
Enjoy the board, you will love it here!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome to the forums :wave: Can't wait to see a pic of your Chi :wink:

·
Registered
669 Posts
ooooo yay! we have a new comer!! WELCOME to the forum. hope you enjoy posting posts which im sure that you will :thumbleft: thanks for joining us and i cant wait to see the piccies :lol:

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
:wave: hi and welcome to the forum Katie :wave: Can't wait to see some pics of your little guy :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi

I am new also, still needing to post pictures. A chi is a chi no matter what size. Jenny is 6 lbs. and I always hear others say my chihuahua is 4 lbs. It doesn't bother me. They love us no matter how big or small we are or what we look like. We love them the same, no matter what they weigh.

Jensmom

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am pretty sure I read in a book that Chihuahuas usually weigh between 3-6lbs. so it said that is the norm.....I think as long as your Chihuahua is healthy then it shouldn't matter if it weighs more then the norm 8)

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
HI, I have 1 chi ..his name is Mikey. He is soon to be 5 months old and he is tiny! I hope he gets bigger though I doubt he will. I would love for him to be a big 15 lbs. :wave:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello

Hello :wave: Glad you can join us. Cant wait to see pics. I need to get mine on here too, I will be working on that this weekend. Welcome aboard :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts