Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I still haven't quit my oh so fabulous job...and I just want to bitch b'c yet again today no lunch for me...boss is out of the office on a paid vacation day (I get none of these) and co-worker decided to take a 4 hour lunch "because she was owed it"...so I didn't get a lunch break at all and I said I was going to leave early but now I can't because the co-worker that took the 4 hour lunch break is leaving early. UGH. She thinks just because she does not frequently take a lunch (her choice IMO!), she can leave and not give a crap how it affects anyone else in the office.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also my boss would be super mad if she knew she had done this today, not b'c I didn't get a lunch, but b'c she is supposed to have time off approved.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Oh how frustrating. We finally started closing for 1 hour during lunch 1pm-2pm because we didn't have enough staff to let people go to lunch on some days. It works out great, not to mention if 'forces' you to take a break and get away from work for an hour if needed. Sorry you are dealing with this. I'd say she needs her butt kicked. We had an employee who every time I went away to a dog show with my sister she would not show up or show up 2-3 hours late when she was the only one scheduled....then she wondered why she got fired & couldn't collect unemployment (had documented proof and I talked to her/warned her several times). It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating because most of the time I'd be in another state so couldn't deal with it.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Go work for the TRAIN! ;)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
:tard: Sorry you had to deal with crap once again. Have you spoken up to this person? I love the idea of closing for 1 hour so everyone can get a break but I know that's not something you could control. But maybe suggest it?? Sounds like this person is totally taking advantage of your boss being away. Gotta love those types of people. :roll:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh how frustrating. We finally started closing for 1 hour during lunch 1pm-2pm because we didn't have enough staff to let people go to lunch on some days. It works out great, not to mention if 'forces' you to take a break and get away from work for an hour if needed. Sorry you are dealing with this. I'd say she needs her butt kicked. We had an employee who every time I went away to a dog show with my sister she would not show up or show up 2-3 hours late when she was the only one scheduled....then she wondered why she got fired & couldn't collect unemployment (had documented proof and I talked to her/warned her several times). It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating because most of the time I'd be in another state so couldn't deal with it.
Only 3 of us work here and I *ALWAYS* wind up getting screwed over. I get paid the least, am the only one who does not get paid vacation or any guaranteed vacation time, I am always forced to work the last days before holidays, work events unpaid, and my job is completely unflexible, despite promised flexibility when I was hired. They are always almost intentionally making it so I cannot take a lunch, and that hour is unpaid no matter what, so I have countless unpaid, worked lunch hours.

At least you could fire that girl -- I can't exactly fire my boss or my co-worker! I have set my "quit" date as Jan. 31st but idk if I can do it...we don't "need" the $$ but at the same time I know hubby wouldn't be OK w/ my spending habits haha, and I am not sure I want to give up my own $$$. Sigh. So I hate it, but am not sure I will quit.

I also don't want to deal with the ridiculous amount of drama that will ensue when I quit too...I do a lot of the office's work and they don't want to learn how to do it/help teach someone new how to do it.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go work for the TRAIN! ;)
Hehe...mayyybe? Maybe I just won't work at all. Haha have you ever taken the train?

:tard: Sorry you had to deal with crap once again. Have you spoken up to this person? I love the idea of closing for 1 hour so everyone can get a break but I know that's not something you could control. But maybe suggest it?? Sounds like this person is totally taking advantage of your boss being away. Gotta love those types of people. :roll:
No, I am like you haha. I can't speak up for myself. I tried to say I wanted to leave early since I didn't get lunch and she cut me off to say oh! I have to leave early to pick up my husband! (she was in the office for less than 3 hours today). She doesn't think of anyone but herself, she is the most self absorbed person I've ever known, and me saying something wouldn't do any good.

She absolutely takes advantage of it when my boss is gone and I get to suffer b'c of it.

They won't close for 1 hour, I've suggested it before but problem is neither of them live close and have nowhere to go so they just don't...our stupid members are so needy if we closed for an hour the world might quite possibly end. THEY FLIP OUT if they cannot get ahold of us to help them with their tiny little problems. Siiiigh.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just wasting time here, I need to force myself to stick to the Jan 31st quit by date, I will have to train someone else for at least a month or two anyway,...by then I should have enough $ saved I can deal w/ it, til I find something flexible and small to do. But then again this is Durango and that probably doesn't exist. Siggggghhhhh.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Hehe...mayyybe? Maybe I just won't work at all. Haha have you ever taken the train?
Only about a million times. LOL. No seriously probably 5 or 6 times. Almost every time we are out your way we have to go ride the train. David is a train fanatic. It is fun, but can get kind of LONG. What a gorgeous way to see and experience the beautiful scenery there though! Isn't the train a BIG part of Durango's culture/employment?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only about a million times. LOL. No seriously probably 5 or 6 times. Almost every time we are out your way we have to go ride the train. David is a train fanatic. It is fun, but can get kind of LONG. What a gorgeous way to see and experience the beautiful scenery there though! Isn't the train a BIG part of Durango's culture/employment?
Kinda...yes! Lots of people come here for it. Next time you come let us know and we'll pick you up and drive you back and take you to a "secret" place for lunch haha. Makes the day MUCH more bearable...it's a stunning drive and just over an hour. We always mock the tourists after their train days, they look so...deflated. But I dunno if I wanna work for the train...:p

I've lived here for over a year and never done it hahaha. I keep meaning to but just...haven't gotten around to it...and hubby refuses to as he did it almost every summer as a kid and is over it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Maybe you could bring your lunch and just sit at the desk let the phone ring and when the co-worker asks why your not answering just say I'm on break since I can't leave the building I'm taking it here you can answer if you want to..

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe you could bring your lunch and just sit at the desk let the phone ring and when the co-worker asks why your not answering just say I'm on break since I can't leave the building I'm taking it here you can answer if you want to..
Well...they're not there so...yeah :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts