Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you apply k9 advantix on a puppy? from what spot to what spot? in dots are in a straight line?.....do i rub it in?...can i touch him after?...help!!!!!!!

bobo can walk on the ground now! he got all his shots today!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I saturate one spot, I do when they go in their crates for bed that way they arent rubbing all over etc etc. It stays yucky for a day then it goes away.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
advantix

If it is like frontline it says to just treat the back between the shoulder blades. I watch the vets do it and they treat the back between the shoulder blades ane then in the middle of the back and then at the base of the tail. I know the cheaper version such as bio spot and hartz says to use it in a line from the shoulder blades to the base of the tail but it is quite messy. You should not touch the treated areas or let blankets or shirts touch it until it dries.

You said he got all of his shots today? Did you mean the third series of shots or the first series of shots? If it is the first series of shots then you should not let him be on the ground until his third and last series. Just and FYI. :wave:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he's done with all his puppy shots already....he got his 4th and last one along with his borditella(sp?) and his neuter date is 11/16/05! im so nervous!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Re: advantix

Yoshismom said:
I know the cheaper version such as bio spot and hartz
DONT EVER use these products they can kill.
and the directions for application you do not have to run it down the spine. What an even bigger mess :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i just applied the k9 advantix on him...............now he's acting really weird......he's walking all around my room, when usually he'll play or sleep on his bed by wherever i am. he's also sitting and looking at me. is this normal?...i remember when i put frontline on him before, he acted weird then too. is this normal? has this happened to anyone else?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
advantix

It may just feel funny to him. I would just keep an eye on him and watch to make sure no other strange things occur.

"DONT EVER use these products they can kill.
and the directions for application you do not have to run it down the spine. What an even bigger mess "

I am sorry that I wasnt clearer on this subject I was just using that application as an example. I know the cheaper products can be dangerous and I should have stated that. :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
tik0z said:
ok i just applied the k9 advantix on him...............now he's acting really weird......he's walking all around my room, when usually he'll play or sleep on his bed by wherever i am. he's also sitting and looking at me. is this normal?...i remember when i put frontline on him before, he acted weird then too. is this normal? has this happened to anyone else?
He's probably wondering what you put on him and why it feels funny. I don't put flea preventative on Cooper but when I used to put it on OmaKitty, she'd pout and throw a hissy fit after it was done. She'd get over it in a day or so... but she also holds grudges a bit longer than dogs do. :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
If it is like frontline it says to just treat the back between the shoulder blades. I watch the vets do it and they treat the back between the shoulder blades ane then in the middle of the back and then at the base of the tail.

the vets are doing it wrong if they do all those areas. it's between the shoulder blades and that's it. when i worked at the animal hospital we ahd the people that make frontline come out and speak and that was one of the questions "where do you put the frontline, does it go down the back or just one spot between the shoulder blades" and they thmeselves said betweent the shoulder blades......

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
If it is like frontline it says to just treat the back between the shoulder blades. I watch the vets do it and they treat the back between the shoulder blades ane then in the middle of the back and then at the base of the tail.

the vets are doing it wrong if they do all those areas. it's between the shoulder blades and that's it. when i worked at the animal hospital we ahd the people that make frontline come out and speak and that was one of the questions "where do you put the frontline, does it go down the back or just one spot between the shoulder blades" and they thmeselves said betweent the shoulder blades......
The instructions that come with Frontline Plus say it should be applied just between the shoulder blades. It always leaves Lily with a mohawk on her neck for a day but other than that, no problem applying it. :wave:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Victoria, I will have to add zodiac to your bad list......

It is the one that Gadget had so many problems with... thank God he didn't die....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts