Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is Okay. I went to something called the K9 Spring Fling in Ottawa. It was a big get together with crafts, toys, etc etc. The event was mainly geared towards Pitbulls, as all of the money raised went to Pitbull Rescue. However, there were other dogs there.
There was a cute 11 year old Chihuahua there, look for him in the pictures! Here they are!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Cute pictures. :) I think it's kind of sad though that all the pitbulls had to be muzzled. :(

The blue one at the end is soo beautiful and the chi is so cute. :D Thanks for sharing. :wave:

·
Registered
348 Posts
What a lovely array of different breeds :)

I was thinking the same about the muzzles, Foxy... I especially like the one in the 5th (I think) photo - purple with the metal bone decoration. Very attractive if a dog is obliged to wear one...

Instead of muzzles and dog bans, why doesn't local government take the time to investigate the dogs, and train the owners? That's where the dogs' troubles lie... :?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Here in Arizona, they offer free spade for pit bulls. There are so many here it is unreal. Every now and then we see pit bulls that have been abuse one way or another. I don't understand what is wrong with people. A week or so ago the humane society got a report of one tied up in the back yard of a empty home. The people had moved out 2 months prior and left the dog tied up in the back yard. It was such a pity :cry: ful sight to see.

·
Registered
15,321 Posts
trixiesmom said:
Here in Arizona, they offer free spade for pit bulls. There are so many here it is unreal. Every now and then we see pit bulls that have been abuse one way or another. I don't understand what is wrong with people. A week or so ago the humane society got a report of one tied up in the back yard of a empty home. The people had moved out 2 months prior and left the dog tied up in the back yard. It was such a pity :cry: ful sight to see.
OMG that is terribly sad :cry: . I really hate people sometimes. :evil:

·
Registered
633 Posts
what great pictures.
i wouldnt muzzle my dogs but i know alot of greyhound that wear them. just to prevent them eating/drinking anything they shouldnt whilst on walks.
love the second to last pic. :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rach said:
what great pictures.
i wouldnt muzzle my dogs but i know alot of greyhound that wear them. just to prevent them eating/drinking anything they shouldnt whilst on walks.
love the second to last pic. :D
Unfortunately by law, they have to be muzzled.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've had many breeds all of my life and I never was "walked" by my dogs. We used harnesses and obedience training to teach them to walk at our sides. I have seen to many times people giving quick jerks on the leash while the dog is wearing a "prong collar" or a choke collar, used correctly it might be an effective humane device, but in the wrong hands it is being used to get the dog to fear the owner. I'm currently in training to become a dog trainer and I love the gentle leader head halter but it's not for all breeds, that's where the gentle leader easy walk harness comes in handy. But to each his own. :wave:

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
snowflakechi said:
I've had many breeds all of my life and I never was "walked" by my dogs.
Sorry, I was exaggerating :oops: I just meant that, for example, my old dog used to pull on the leash a lot. But once we used the prong collar, she quickly learned to be gentle and not pull.
I agree, in the wrong hands, the prong collar could definitely be misused!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts