Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I got an email from a rescue that there were only hours left to save a tiny 6 year old chi from being killed at the shelter. She was not considered adoptable because she "nips". She was listed as having dental disease and skin problems. Boy did they leave out a lot!!!!
So I went to go get her and from the minute I saw her walk I could tell she had LP. She is half bald from some time of mange. Her toenails are about a inch long. And if you irritate her she will try to bite you. Needless to say, I have my work cut out with her. She did come to me and was very trusting with me. My SO she wanted to attack tho. We got her home and I have her a bath (she smelled sooooo bad. Then I took here to a clinic for a quick check and her rabies vaccine. She does had bilateral LP 4/4 and possible hip issue. Not to mention alopecia and a skin infection to top the list. I am waiting to get confirmation on her appt for X-rays early next week. I will keep you posted for those who want to follow her story.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Oh my dear sweet little darling girl, what a sad little one!
Lord knows what she had to endure. How very sad.

Nichole I'm so happy that you are still fostering, you are
just the right person, you have such a big heart. Thank
you! I will definitely follow her progress, I know she'll do
very well with you. Please give her a kiss & a cuddle from me.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
It really is so heartbreaking to see such an innocent sweet little creature
so mistreated. I will never understand the type of people who do this, can't
even call them people, they are monsters. Poor dog. My eyes are tearing
just looking at her picture. Is there anything I can help you with? I'll be
going to the post office this weekend, I can send you something you may
need. Let me know!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She brought in by a man and he claimed she was a stray. What doesn't make sense with that is would try to bite anyone trying to handle her and she was fine with him. Also, a woman kept calling the shelter asking if she (Kadie) was fixed yet? Kadie was back in clinic so no one would even know they had her.... Awful people.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Sounds like they thought they could turn her in, then she would be fixed for free, then they would come looking for a dog and "decide" on her. It never crosses people like that's minds that the condition of the dog make them look like the evil dog owners they are.

·
Registered
836 Posts
So we are scheduled July 17th to meet with the same ortho surgeon that did Chloe's surgery in June. We have already received 3 donations from our website.
Our rescue is thankful that we are trying to help raise money because this cost could empty their bank account :(
As for Kadie.... She is adjusting well.... She is a fighter!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts