Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my dear Kahlua, and Mia Zofia, have a favorite bear that they are obsessed with. Kahlua actually just received her 3rd (1986 vintage Snuggle bear toy...) and she just loves them. In fact, "bearshowing" is considered a verb here. No joke. Kahlua loves bearshowing. She's always bearshowing, to either Rob or I, or our friends. She prances about with it in her mouth, tail a wagging high and wide, ears tucked back and huge expressive eyes showing such joy and pride in her possession. Climbs up on the top of the couch and sneaks down someone's shoulder, nudging the bear gently in your face to show it. Bearshowing. :daisy: Love my baby girl...
Mia Zofia's bear, actually came from her previous owner. They said she loved it; and true to their word she does. She's peculiar, prefers to just play by her self with it; by nipping at parts of his clothes, shaking back and forth, dragging it all over the room. She is such a teeny tiny girl but still, if someone picks up her bear, you better believe she'll be up in your space demanding it be returned, LOL. She's such a darling. And has still gone on with no more episodes thank goodness. Anyway now that I've written a novel.. :coolwink: here are the photos to put everything into visual. =D

"new" bear... (these are getting harder and harder to find, LOL, but I keep stocking up!)

Her first bear... preserved.

I love the colors in this pic. The satin blanket with the couch just make it look very mystical.

Zoey on her first day with us... very skeptical lol

Her, recently, nibbling her bear.. LOL

(More of Mia Zofia to come)

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Those pics are just priceless. My poor Lulu does have any cuddly loves--she does love her bed and blanket, but Gidget loves several of her stuffed animals (Lulu is scared of them. lol) One is a stuffed little leopard she carries around all over the house--so cute.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Very cute! :love2: Congrats on the new bear!!! Woohoo! :p That old one creeped me out. :lol:
You know Pet Edge has these bears, very cheap yet durable, they look similar
to your vintage bear in shape, so I thought I should share the link with you...

Zanies Berber Bears Dog Toys | PetEdge.com

I buy these in bulk for our rescues, they last a while. And are actually pretty
big, about 8-9inches.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Awwwwww Kat!! So cute! I love the story of bearshowing. Adorable. And I like that you have preserved the first bear. :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very cute! :love2: Congrats on the new bear!!! Woohoo! :p That old one creeped me out. :lol:
You know Pet Edge has these bears, very cheap yet durable, they look similar
to your vintage bear in shape, so I thought I should share the link with you...

Zanies Berber Bears Dog Toys | PetEdge.com

I buy these in bulk for our rescues, they last a while. And are actually pretty
big, about 8-9inches.
*Gasp* :eek: I had never seen them before! So many colors to pick from. =D Thank you!!!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
*Gasp* :eek: I had never seen them before! So many colors to pick from. =D Thank you!!!

You are welcome. :) They are a great find, and look much nicer in real life.
I'm surprised at how tough they are for that price. I never had one rip before.
If you want, I can send you one so you could see if you like them. I don't mind,
I have a couple brand new ones left. I'll pay for shipping too, it'll be a little present.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh my gosh that would be so thoughtful and considerate! I would be honored for Lua to have a bear from you, lol! Lua still has one from one of her first exchanges, that she loves too. You are so nice. =)

Oh, the bearshowing that shall commence! =D

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Oh my gosh that would be so thoughtful and considerate! I would be honored for Lua to have a bear from you, lol! Lua still has one from one of her first exchanges, that she loves too. You are so nice. =)

Oh, the bearshowing that shall commence! =D
Great. :)
Just pm me your full address and I'll send it out as soon as I can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts