Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's so cute to see how Kahlua plays with puppies! They make her so happy lol. Took a few pictures of them together. I weighed him today and he's a whopping 2 pounds lol. I'm not sure what he'll top out at, at just 2lbs at 8 weeks? He looks so tiny compared to her!

(Sorry for pic quality, & I didn't bother editing out red-eye)

Hahaha... so unfair, Kahlua... <3

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Aww sweetness!!! :p
The little one will probably be around 9 lbs. But hey no one can know for sure. Some pups
start out huge and end up being the smallest out of the litter. Who cares, he's adorable.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG 9lbs?! I used the few weight charts on the stickies... if 2lbs = 16oz, most of them say he'll top out around 6lbs. Which is actually smaller than my Kahlua. Not that Kahlua, ahem, should weigh the 7lbs she does... that's mommy's fault for spoiling her and a little too many treats. =D What chart said 9??

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
OMG 9lbs?! I used the few weight charts on the stickies... if 2lbs = 16oz, most of them say he'll top out around 6lbs. Which is actually smaller than my Kahlua. Not that Kahlua, ahem, should weigh the 7lbs she does... that's mommy's fault for spoiling her and a little too many treats. =D What chart said 9??
Just personal experience. But as I said nothing is guaranteed, only time will tell.
But what does it matter, it's still a tiny dog, right? ;)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
ps: I'm not 100% sure, but isn't 2lbs = 32 oz?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Yep. 1 pound=16 oz. Unless I am weighing myself and then it is MUCH less...haha!!

LOVE the pics! I specially enjoy the one where he is standing on his back legs, equal in the game!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think 6 pounds too but then again I guess it depends on the heritage of the dog and how he is fed. Our newest was just under 2 pounds at 9 weeks so it is looking like he will be 5 pounder by the charts. Frodo was spot on with the weight chart topping out at 6 pounds . He was 3.2 at 12 weeks.
Sprocket is a cutie.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Ninja was 2 lbs @ 7 weeks and he's overweight at 7.6 lbs @ 4.5 years old We're going to cut him back again he could easily be 6-6.5 lbs without being too skinny it's really hard to tell I find on the forum everyone's chis grow at diff rates beau was charting 4.5lbd full grown hell be a year at the end of the month an just hit 3.5 lbs baby was charting 3 lbs and is 5lbs at 6 years old.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh haha.. yeah I did mean 32oz... on the charts I was checking most just have a 33oz listing which is what I went by. I do know that he was the chunk of his litter too; so I wouldn't be surprised if he grew a little faster than the rest too.
He's such a sweet little guy though; and he loves cuddling! If all goes as planned I'll be taking him to his new owner this upcoming Saturday.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Smoke weighed 2 pounds at 9 weeks, he's 7 pounds 12 oz. now. I love the pics. Especially the one with the crested, he looks like he only has two legs. lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts