Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i was wondering if someone could help me. I had found my little prince but the thing is that he has a pedigree but not kc registered. I won`t be able to register him over here in Norway because of that and will be considered a mixed breed and wont be able easy to mate. His father is registered but not his mother. Am really confused :?

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
what is the question you are actually asking - if you want to try and find a way to register him with the KC this is not possible as only the breeder of the litter can do this :wave:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,question was actually "is there any way to get the puppy registered?" Anyways, the breeder says it`s not possible for her to do that since his mummy isn`t registered but dad is. Does anyone know the KC rules,cause i wanna know if its possible to register the mum so that he can be registered as well :)

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
No I dont think this is possible because what will happen if the moms parents are not registered either - it will just keep going on and on , why did you buy a pup without KC if you wanted to obviously show it ?

you could try contacting the Kennel club they will now more than me :wave:

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
if the mums parents are not registed then she wont be able to be registed you should of made sure you were buying a kc pup if thats what you wanted hope this helps :wave:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me make one thing very clearer: The dad is KC registered and the mum isn`t. I haven`t planned on putting him on any shows,but for breeding further on....in that case he NEEDS to be registered :)

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
you will not be able to register him if Mom isnt registered - this does not mean if he is of excellnt breeding quality you wont be able to use him , just for less money as obviously the breeder who uses him will not be able to register pups either :wave:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hello!
I think it's nothing really wrong if he's not KC registered if you only keep him as a pet. But the dog is not a breeding material at all, so I'm kind of surprised that his mom was used for breeding. Specially in Norway where the rules are among the most strict ones in Europe. :shock:

Anyway, have the best time with your little one!

Christina

·
Registered
289 Posts
brownsugar said:
Hi, i was wondering if someone could help me. I had found my little prince but the thing is that he has a pedigree but not kc registered. I won`t be able to register him over here in Norway because of that and will be considered a mixed breed and wont be able easy to mate. His father is registered but not his mother. Am really confused :?

Hi Brown Sugar :)
Its such a shame that you thought that you had found the right pup, BUT, do you really need to breed from him?. Is that why you were buying him? I only ask because, there are some fabulous, healthy pups that are not kc registered, but still the apple of our eye, and definitely full pedigree. Most people buy pups to love and enjoy, not to mate with. So do not completely dismiss the pup that you have found. Keeping an unspayed boy in the house is not actually that easy anyway (they tend to like to mark everywhere), so you could well think after living with them for a while, that you want to get them spayed and kept as a pet anyhow :?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mr Bigs Mummy said:
brownsugar said:

Hi Brown Sugar :)
Its such a shame that you thought that you had found the right pup, BUT, do you really need to breed from him?. Is that why you were buying him? I only ask because, there are some fabulous, healthy pups that are not kc registered, but still the apple of our eye, and definitely full pedigree. Most people buy pups to love and enjoy, not to mate with. So do not completely dismiss the pup that you have found. Keeping an unspayed boy in the house is not actually that easy anyway (they tend to like to mark everywhere), so you could well think after living with them for a while, that you want to get them spayed and kept as a pet anyhow :?
Hi,thanks for your mail. I tend to keep the dog no matter what. He is part of our family and it is gonna be like that. I tend to pay for him as a pet not to use him just for mating. If i wanted to only use him for mating i wouldn`t have bought him. I thought that if someone wanted to "mate" with him,it would be alright. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ory&C said:
Hello!
I think it's nothing really wrong if he's not KC registered if you only keep him as a pet. But the dog is not a breeding material at all, so I'm kind of surprised that his mom was used for breeding. Specially in Norway where the rules are among the most strict ones in Europe. :shock:

Anyway, have the best time with your little one!

Christina
Hi,I haven`t bought the puppy in Norway,I bought him in England. I live in Norway. Thought that i should let you know :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts