Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
id left keeks with my mum at the weekend, and i noticed she has discolouration of her skin at the sides of her head goin up to her ears and on her belly, whay was pink has now gone kinda pruply, im thinking maybe sunburn or bruising? or maybe its just normal, im gona attach a pic to try and show u, dunno if its very clear really
mia
x

·
Registered
365 Posts
hi mia, does keeks seem to be in pain?? I suppose it could be sunburn as it is quite a delicate area where the redness is. But in all honesty i don't know. Is it irritating her??
Poor baby!!!! :dontknow:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Very odd, maybe she just rubbed on some ink or something weird like a paper? Could very well be the color is changing that is happening to Kemo.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
My sister's dog (not a chihuahua, a pitbull) had beautiful pink skin. When she turned about 4 months her skin started darkening a bit. My sis did some research and it is normal for that to happen. I don't know if the same thing applies to Chi's though. :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I checked Ginger again and she has the same bluish marking on the same place as Keeks. Her tummy is also darker then it use to be...almost bluish in tint too.
She has been to the vet since the change and he never mentioned anything about it...though I never did bring it to his attention.
I guess just wait to see if it gets worse or if she looks like she is in pain. I just think because she is so light in color you can notice it more then darker chi's

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had 2 shi's that totally changed skin color. of course you could only see the change on the light fur areas.
The skin was pink to begine then slowly started getting polkadots of brown(skin not hair) and then the dots started growing bigger and joining together. It freaked me out the first chi but ny the second I knew what was going on. My chi's actually went from the pink white skin to dark brown.. You only saw tit ecause it was where no hair or light hair was.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
exactly the same thing happeneed with ozzy but you notice it more as keeks is short hair ozzy had a really pink belly and overnight it turned a purply brown with white spots :wave:

·
Registered
559 Posts
i like reading these topics, it helps me learn about what to expect when i get my chi, cause i know i would be flipping if i saw a change in her and i didnt know what it was.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would say it is just a normal change. The hair is real thin in those spots and mine usually have a drak color rather than a pink color there.

Mama J

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think your baby is fine. When Olivia (fawn) turned 4 months old her mask started spreading. Her head started turning darker at her temples to ears, and her tummy started taking on a purplish tint. She has been to the vet regulary and he has never seemed the least bit concerned. I think the fair colored chi's must darken a bit as they age. At five months old, my fawn is much more red. You have a great looking puppy. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ringworm?

Is your chi itchy? I was thinking it might be ringworm. If it itches or gets bigger, you should get her tested for ringworm. They take a hair sample and grow the hair in a culture to see if it's a fungal infection.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts