Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so 5 days after my dog got spayed she started "coughing". Basically it sounds and looks like she's choking.

So we took her to the vet, said she has no temperature the coughing could be kennel cough or it could be allergies. So she gave us some medicine.

2 days later, Bella has been running around the house like a madwoman because we don't want to take her outside for a walk, we weren't sure if we were allowed to or not.

So today we took her out on a walk, after I called up the vet and asked if we could do that they said 'yes'.
But as we went walking for a while she started coughing again but it just wouldn't stop at all, it freaked me out!!! I had to carry her home.

anyone have any experience with this??? I don't want to pay ANOTHER $40. I mean if it's the last resort then yeah I'll go, but I just need some answers first.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
If she is still on medication, then the walk was too much effort for her. I'd wait for a day or two before going on a walk again. Play with her in the house, give her a bully stick to chew, stuff a kong toy with her kibble, dog food, and freeze. Unfortunately, with kennel cough she just has to fight it on her own mostly. If she continues to cough, maybe take her into the bathroom and run the shower.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright I'll go find more chew toys for her. Just felt bad for her cause she hasn't been walked in a long time since she just got spayed and then this. So yeah walking her was probably still too early, and maybe because she was pulling against the leash.

if she does continue to cough I'll try the steam idea. thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts