Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had taken Khorra out tonight to meet her sister to see if I possibly wanted to adopt the sister. Well, the sister has fleas so as soon as I got home I bathed Khorra in Dawn dish soap. This was her first bath and she was so good for it! She didn't try escaping or anything, such a good little girl!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
She is too cute! I love her coloring. Bummer about the fleas though! Roxy has had fleas twice, once recently. :foxes15: But, I would swear by Dawn dish soap for working and taking them away! :D

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Awww she seems relaxed. I hope she doesn't get any from her sister. The first day I got Daisy I bathed her too incase of fleas and she smelled of cig smoke bad. Dawn soap works and I would recommend a flea comb too. I had to do that for Cuddles when I got her. OMG she was covered in fleas.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Ditto Bella.

I don't know about flea bombs, I try to avoid them as much as possible because that super deadly gas they let off seaps into absolutely everything - do you really want it on all your bedding/pillows, in childrens' rooms inside cupboards, on every single surface. If there's any fish or birds in the house, say goodbye to them, that toxin will take 'em out quicker 'an anything else you can think of!!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
fleas are so common here , i use advantage every month , if i were to miss a mth without fail my dogs would get fleas
Ditto Bella.
Thats so weird because we hardly get them down south at all. I give a combined flea and heartworm medication (can never remeber if it's advantage or advocate) and mine have never had a flea here in melb but I took Axle to the Gold Coast once when I visited my sister and he was absolutely covered in the things after 1 day even though he had the flea medication the day before we got there.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
would be advocate :) Advantage only does fleas but i use milbamax for worms and heartworm :) , i have been told by alot its the sandy soil in this area , we even polished all the floors so no carpet in the house :)

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I'm in love with that little face! And those little beige spots over her eyes just make me melt.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been looking her over and happy to say that I see no fleas! Yay!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I'm so glad we don't seem to have fleas here in Sweden. I remember that being a constant battle where I lived in the U.S.

Khorra looks so calm for her bath. What a good girl!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts