Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a little stray hanging around my house the last few weeks. I knew she was pregnant, so started feeding her and she just brought out the babies. There are 3 of them, I only got pictures of 2 so far.

My fave the little panther:

My daughter holding the little calico:

The last baby is a little gray striped kitten. I love babies. I think the babies are around 4 weeks, so within the next week or 2 I'm catching mama and sending her to be fixed. Much as I love babies, I don't need anymore kittens.

Hoping we'll be able to get a home for at least 1 of them, if not I'll be fixing them too and they will be my outside kitties.

·
Registered
244 Posts
so cute!!! i love kittens!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
We have a man across the street that has lots of barn cats, none are fixed. Last spring my husband look out by our garage and thought he seen bunny's hopping, they were 4 kittens. We feed them and tried catching them but just would run. so we went to shelter and got live trap for them, so they could be adopted. the mother took them somewhere we never got them. but did get another cat with eye very very bad, took her to shelter and they couldn't save eye but she is in a home now.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are about 4 mama cats that live in the neighborhood. Some neighbor supposedly owns then according to my niece, but I don't see any evidence they are taken care of. They are all skinny, so we started feeding them. The mama of these kittens is the only one I've even been able to touch, so I'm going to get her fixed. It's hard right now financially since I've lost my job, but I am saving for everyone to be fixed.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Awww bless you for what you're doing for these kitties!! The fact that you're willing to have them fixed and they were just strays is just so sweet... if only more people were like you! <33

·
Registered
477 Posts
mama cats

There are about 4 mama cats that live in the neighborhood. Some neighbor supposedly owns then according to my niece, but I don't see any evidence they are taken care of. They are all skinny, so we started feeding them. The mama of these kittens is the only one I've even been able to touch, so I'm going to get her fixed. It's hard right now financially since I've lost my job, but I am saving for everyone to be fixed.
Oh, boy, we have lots and lots of cats around my house! A lady across the street is purported to have 15 cats and she turns them all loose and they poop everywhere, climb on cars, and tear up flower beds. I have a live trap and caught four that I knew were strays, but haven't caught any more. I hate to trap a cat that I know belongs to someone, even they don't seem to be taking proper care of them. I live in a mobile home and very carefully closed the underpinning up so they can't get under there. I've had kittens hidden out under my mobile home twice. A neighbor told me that you don't want to walk by the mobile home where the 15 cats live when it's hot weather because the smell would knock you down. I walk the other direction with my dogs. I believe in leaving my neighbors alone, but am very tempted to complain to the mobile home owners about the cat situation. Everyone has to deal with them, whether they want to or not, and I doubt if the cats have been spayed/neutered or have their proper vaccinations. I don't wish them any harm, but the whole neighborhood shouldn't have to deal with all the cats.

Jeanette

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I absolutely adore cats! Unfortunately I am terribly allergic to them :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, boy, we have lots and lots of cats around my house! A lady across the street is purported to have 15 cats and she turns them all loose and they poop everywhere, climb on cars, and tear up flower beds. I have a live trap and caught four that I knew were strays, but haven't caught any more. I hate to trap a cat that I know belongs to someone, even they don't seem to be taking proper care of them. I live in a mobile home and very carefully closed the underpinning up so they can't get under there. I've had kittens hidden out under my mobile home twice. A neighbor told me that you don't want to walk by the mobile home where the 15 cats live when it's hot weather because the smell would knock you down. I walk the other direction with my dogs. I believe in leaving my neighbors alone, but am very tempted to complain to the mobile home owners about the cat situation. Everyone has to deal with them, whether they want to or not, and I doubt if the cats have been spayed/neutered or have their proper vaccinations. I don't wish them any harm, but the whole neighborhood shouldn't have to deal with all the cats.

Jeanette
That kind of situation makes me so mad. My aunt's neighborhood was overrun by strays (she calls them "gang cats"), she started trapping them and getting them fixed. They now have 9 cats!! lol Only a few are indoor, they take care of the litters they have caught and fixed, but even she is at her limit, when they find a litter they are taking them to the shelter so they have a chance to find homes.
I just hate people who let their unfixed animals wander around breeding. Drives me crazy.

·
Registered
477 Posts
kittens

That kind of situation makes me so mad. My aunt's neighborhood was overrun by strays (she calls them "gang cats"), she started trapping them and getting them fixed. They now have 9 cats!! lol Only a few are indoor, they take care of the litters they have caught and fixed, but even she is at her limit, when they find a litter they are taking them to the shelter so they have a chance to find homes.
I just hate people who let their unfixed animals wander around breeding. Drives me crazy.
The lady next door to me and I fed the four we knew were strays (abandoned) for over a year and finally I trapped them and had the animal control officer pick them up, after one of them got shot with a pellet gun. I might be willing to spay/neuter one or two, but can't afford to tackle all of them, especially since they have owners. I see one neighbor open the front door and numerous cats pour out, numerous, six or eight at a time, and I'm sure there are more inside. If I wanted a cat, I'd have one, but two dogs are about all I can manage or want to manage. Irresponsible pet owners give all pet owners a bad rap!

Jeanette

1 - 9 of 9 Posts