Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 10th is the date set for Kizzie's spaying. I'm so excited to get it over with but nervous at the same time! I pray all goes well for my little monkey butt! After what happened with Shayley and knowing about all the stuff that could happen to them NOT being spayed I will never take that risk again!

Also a little update on Shayley after being spayed & mammary tumor removed....can we say DIFFERENT DOG!!! ALL in the BEST ways! Shayley was always playful but after she has been spayed in Nov '10 she has so much energy!!! She use to never pick "play" fights with Kizzie and now she is the one starting the play fights, SHE is the one stealing the treats and she is the one being nuts! (In a good way lol)! She's like a pup again! She even has been eating treats that she has never ate before......AND she never cared for treats! She's so different. I wonder why? Is that normal for dogs to get like this after spay? Or maybe it is because of the tumor but that had only been there a short time (Also wanted to add Shayley still gets her every other day rub down from me to make sure I dont' feel any more lumps or bumps! Keep praying none ever come back! I'll never stop checking! heck Kizzie gets the rub downs too now lol) I'm kinda worried if Shayley is so hyper after Spaying what the heck is Kizzie gonna be like? Because you all know Kizzie is crazy now LOL :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Well, good for Kizzie! I'm sure she'll sail through it with flying colors.
I can't speak to changes after being spayed--mine were spayed as puppies so they obviously didn't really become more playful.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Good luck with Kizzie's spaying!

I don't think ours have gotten more crazy after a spay so can't help with that, but I will say to watch out with her eating the treats because it could be a weight problem waiting to happen. My OH's Nan has a tiny chi girl callled Baby & since she was spayed last year she has become an absolute glutton & eats everybody's food, she now looks like a little football (that's Aussie Rules not Soccer lol!)

Unfortunately Nanna Molly loves Baby to death so just keeps feeding her :( and you can't tell her any different, she thinks my furkids are too skinny!

I'm sure both your girls will be ok though, I would guess Shayley's increased playfulness is because the tumour has been removed & she just feels GREAT!

P.S. I love that you call Kizzie "Monkey Butt", that's what I call Yogi when he is being cheeky :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, good for Kizzie! I'm sure she'll sail through it with flying colors.
I can't speak to changes after being spayed--mine were spayed as puppies so they obviously didn't really become more playful.
Thanks hon! I hope so!

Good luck with Kizzie's spaying!

I don't think ours have gotten more crazy after a spay so can't help with that, but I will say to watch out with her eating the treats because it could be a weight problem waiting to happen. My OH's Nan has a tiny chi girl callled Baby & since she was spayed last year she has become an absolute glutton & eats everybody's food, she now looks like a little football (that's Aussie Rules not Soccer lol!)

Unfortunately Nanna Molly loves Baby to death so just keeps feeding her :( and you can't tell her any different, she thinks my furkids are too skinny!

I'm sure both your girls will be ok though, I would guess Shayley's increased playfulness is because the tumour has been removed & she just feels GREAT!

P.S. I love that you call Kizzie "Monkey Butt", that's what I call Yogi when he is being cheeky :)
Thanks! Yes, Shayley hasn't gained any weight since been crazy about treats, she actually lost a pound which is great! She actually is so active now I don't think those extra treats will stay on her for long! lol She's a big Chihuahua anyways although she always maintains her same weight! lol Yes, both my girls are monkey butts actually. Their black little butts run by and remind me of little monkeys! lol I also call my OH that but not for any good reason LOL!!!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Will most assuredly keep Kizzie in my prayers through her procedure and recovery. No matter how many successful surgeries any vet has done, we all feel the pressure of~~but this one is my baby!:)
It is so wonderful to hear all the great changes for Miss Shayley!! Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
768 Posts
all the best for Kizzie when she has her op.. Lola has had a burst of energy after her spay.. she runs and plays alot more and she`s the one now who starts play fights with Penny!! Im waiting 4 Penny to come into season so 3 months after i can plan her spaying :( i was a mess all day when Lola went in! x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts