Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to show you all Kizzie's Petfinder ad! I've had this saved before we even went to pick her up lol I guess I like keeping silly little things like this! I was searching for a little black Chi female and I came across this little ball of cuteness. It says she's a mix because well she was dropped off so no way to know what she is mixed with or not lol. Bless her she was pocket change only $25! She's worth a million though! He only had two photos up of her but just those two alone I knew I wanted her. We went to pick her up, hours away, the next time Joey was off. I couldn't wait to see the little cutie in person! She stole my heart right away.

The home shelter that was caring for her named her Lucky. I thought that was pretty cute because I felt like she was so lucky to be adopted by a family that would spoil her to death and love her dearly. :cheer:
(Didn't blur out the number because of you all just other weirdos out there L:mad:L)

The pics weren't that clear but she was just too sweet to pass up!

They listed all the puppies at 7 weeks but the vet was just guessing. He thought she may be younger....

We didn't get home until way after Midnight the night we picked her up. This was taken that next morning she came home. Does that not melt your heart?

Here is the little monkey today. I always wonder what she's mixed with if she is mixed. What do you all think?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I dont thunk she's mixed at all I thunk they just put that in case just do they dint false advertise as purebred if she isn't but I honestly think she's pure

·
Registered
464 Posts
She's a cutie pie...
I read the petfinder ad and was very surprised about the adoption fee for her as a puppy... $25.00 for her? Wow... Adoptions here cost from $100-$200.. We got sissy for $200.00 and she's 3 years..

Congrats. She is cute.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I don't think she's a mix, either, but I do think you got a little beauty!

Adoptions here run anywhere from $110 - 200!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awww....what a cutie! She is beautiful! Doesnt look mixed to me ;)
Aw Thank you!

I dont thunk she's mixed at all I thunk they just put that in case just do they dint false advertise as purebred if she isn't but I honestly think she's pure
Yeah that's what my fiance and I say. They don't have any papers on her because she was ditched :( so they just labeled her as that. My fiance does think she is mixed.....with cat LOL

Thank you Megan & Kim! Our adoption fee's here are just as high. $100 at the Human Society and other little local shelters as well depending on the age and other stuff. Where we got Kizzie this is just a regular guy who takes in animals. He's a home shelter. Bless him he's so sweet too, he has a ton of dogs/cats him and his wife take in. They use to have a sign in their yard but they had to take it down because they were getting so many drop off's like Kizzie & her siblings. (Actually Kizzie was dropped off with her sister (Chi) then two other males that were not Chis but all about the same age so this person must be breeding more than one dog :( so sad, I think the boys were older though) The home shelter Kizzie is at I have no clue why she was only $25 I was shocked! You hardly see that around here either.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Very cute! I don't think she looks mixed.
Adoptions around here are in the 400.00 range for a pup, and even then you need to jump through hoops, easier to deal with a breeder.. lol

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I don't think she's mixed just not bred to standard but tbh on here alone there's only a couple of handfuls of standard chis! Either way she's lovely and what a bargain

·
Registered
477 Posts
What a cutie and what a bargain! I paid $175 to adopt Lavender. She was worth every penny, of course. Kizzie is a little doll and she looks like a Chi to me. Lucky you and lucky Kizzie!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
They don't have any papers on her because she was ditched :( so they just labeled her as that.
So sad, but I'm so glad you found each other. :) She's a real beauty, I don't think she is mixed either.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol Thanks guys! When I saw she was $25 I thought they messed up and meant $250. I was shocked! I felt like Kizzie and I were meant to be because I had never used Petfinder before. I originally thought Petfinder was for lost pets and I hadn't looked at the site in a LONG time. I just happen to check it out one night and there was little Lucky lol. We're always joking around saying how Kizzie looks more like a Chihuahua than Shayley and we paid $250 for Shay Shay! I never thought Kizzie was mixed but because you just don't "know" from the papers I always wondered what she could be. I wouldn't care if Kizzie or Shayley were mixed they are my loves! :D

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
So cool! That is so nice that you saved it, it's neat to look back and see where it all started. Petfinder is wonderful, that's where I saw my husky Dakota for the first time and fell in love with him the second I saw his Petfinder page...and the rest is history. ;) I saved his petfinder pics on my computer but now I wish I had saved the whole page b/c I can't remember the info they wrote about him. :(

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So cool! That is so nice that you saved it, it's neat to look back and see where it all started. Petfinder is wonderful, that's where I saw my husky Dakota for the first time and fell in love with him the second I saw his Petfinder page...and the rest is history. ;) I saved his petfinder pics on my computer but now I wish I had saved the whole page b/c I can't remember the info they wrote about him. :(
Aw how cute! I didn't know you got your Dakota from PF! I love PF! They really brought me to Kizzie and without them we would have never found each other :( I believe I saved this page before I could even call the guy to make sure she was still available, I guess I really wanted that little thing! LOL Glad you got to save Dakota's photos though!!

I love her. She is so sweet and beautiful.

I love all animals, especially chi-s I'd have fifty if I could.
Aw Thank you Martha!

She is darling
Thank you! =)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts