Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Kobi turns 1 year old tomorrow. Hard to believe a whole year has gone by already. He has grown so much.....he's a 9.5lb beast!! He just recently blew his coat, again. How many times a year do LC's blow their coats? This is Kobi's second time, first time he blew his coat he was about 5-6 months.

Here's some pics I took today when we went out for a potty break.

Kobi & Butters, waiting anxiously for some treats!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
aww happy birthday kobi!!!! what a beautiful boy he is, 1 already it goes so fast doesnt it? what does 'blow their coat' mean? iv never heard that term before, sorry if i sound dumb lol but if you dont ask ;)....!!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Happy Birthday....and my long coats shed constantly even with brushing...LOL

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
wow kobi has GORGEOUS coloring! bam is right around 8-8.5lbs so he's a big boy too - the two fo them would play great together!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aww happy birthday kobi!!!! what a beautiful boy he is, 1 already it goes so fast doesnt it? what does 'blow their coat' mean? iv never heard that term before, sorry if i sound dumb lol but if you dont ask ;)....!!
Blowing their coat means shedding basically. Kobi doesn't shed usually, then all of a sudden he'll start shedding like crazy! I have to sweep several times a day, or else I find big balls of hair floating around in the corners....yuck. This will go on for a few weeks, then it'll just stop. Its weird.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Kobi is growing up to be such a gorgeous boy. I love his coloring. My Lovee is right around 9lbs and she's only 8 mos. I just heard from her breeder. Her sister is around 5.5lbs and her brother is only 4lbs. I figure I just have more to love.

·
Registered
696 Posts
happy birthday !!! He is turning into such a handsome little man!

Jax "blew his coat" a couple of weeks ago at 3.5 months. His fluffy puppy coat is gone :( lol! I never heard that phrasing before either. He also is growing into a big boy like Kobi, he was 4lbs at 3.5months... I like him that way though!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Happy birthday sweet Kobi you are such a handsome boy

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kobi says "thanks for the birthday wishes!!" I also love his colouring too, although he looks so naked in those pics with most of fluffy coat gone. He had such long, soft, lovely fur before it started falling out, but its starting to fill back in. And I actually don't mind that Kobi is on the larger side. He's so much more sturdier, tougher, than Butters who is only 4lbs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts