Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! :hello1:
I need your help!
Chanel spends up to 4 hours per day walking/running outside on leash.
But she also loves going places with hubby & I, but we don't own a car and to take a cab you must have your pup in a carrier.
Chanel has a gorgeous Puppia carrier, but it's getting to be a little tight. My baby girl is growing & growing. At 4.5 months she is already 4.5lbs.
The carrier is meant for dogs under 10lbs, but I don't see how a 10 pound dog is supposed to fit in there since Chanel is already out of room.
I want to get her a large carrier, with plenty of room to turn and even stand, something that looks more like a nice purse than a dog carrier.
I want a good quality one, that'll last, I'm tired of wasting money on low quality bags. :foxes15:
I don't want anything too crazy, I've seen some for 600$, gorgeous, but out of my reach. My budget is 250$ max.
Perhaps even that is expensive, but I've had such bad luck with cheap carriers, they either ripped or did not wash well, or just fell apart after a little while.
Do you have any ideas for me? Perhaps you bought a successful one that you just LOVE?

ps: keep in mind that she still has growing to do. I'd like it to be large enough for her as an adult, she'll probably weigh around 7 pounds. But really, the bigger the bag the better. :)

I'm really looking forward to your replies, I'm desperate here. :dance:

Thanks a bunch!!!:D

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
my favorite carrier is the Alex Luxe carrier by Kwiggy Bo. it comes in different sizes. i forgot how much i paid. i know i got a bargain. Theres a site i got it from that is very reasonable, i can research it more to let you know where i got mine if you are intersted. It is very attractive and light weight, i just love it! ( it was way under you max, more than 100 , but i think maybe less than 150. )

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
my favorite carrier is the Alex Luxe carrier by Kwiggy Bo. it comes in different sizes. i forgot how much i paid. i know i got a bargain. Theres a site i got it from that is very reasonable, i can research it more to let you know where i got mine if you are intersted. It is very attractive and light weight, i just love it! ( it was way under you max, more than 100 , but i think maybe less than 150. )
Yes I have seen it in gold, it's gorgeous!!! If you remember where you got it from, please let me know. :) The one I saw was 185$ for the size large, it's on Kwigi Bo website. Thank you so much for your help!
Oh and what size is yours? And how big is your pooch?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I second the Alex carrier. I have the large one so I can put blanket for extra comfort and Smeagol still has lots of extra room. Smeagol is 5 lbs. It bought it from doggiecouture.com. The original price was $180 but I had a discount coupon so I paid only $155. The bag is very pretty and has lots of storage for your personal stuff. It looks just like a regular handbag.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I second the Alex carrier. I have the large one so I can put blanket for extra comfort and Smeagol still has lots of extra room. Smeagol is 5 lbs. It bought it from doggiecouture.com. The original price was $180 but I had a discount coupon so I paid only $155. The bag is very pretty and has lots of storage for your personal stuff. It looks just like a regular handbag.
It's a cute one, isn't it? What color is yours? I like the gold and the camel, tough decisions, LOL. You wouldn't have a picture of yours by any chance? Sometimes things look different than they do online.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I own both the Alex by Kwigy Bo and the Brooklyn by Petote. I honestly love the Petote bag and what's great is that it looks identical to a purse and has a ton of functionality. I got mine for $50 on Ebay but it usually runs for about $150 (I think). They sell it on Amazon, I'm pretty sure. The Metro is a really nice Petote style too.

I owned the smaller size Kwigy Bo bag and Teddy outgrew it. He's only 5 lbs but he was too long for the bag. He could just barely fit once he was fully grown. I didn't love the bag enough to buy it again in a large so I looked for something different and found Petote.

This is the bag I have:

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have the black alex. Not the luxe one because I'm not sure about the chain strap. But the luxe is very pretty too. Let me take some pictures for you.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Yes I have seen it in gold, it's gorgeous!!! If you remember where you got it from, please let me know. :) The one I saw was 185$ for the size large, it's on Kwigi Bo website. Thank you so much for your help!
Oh and what size is yours? And how big is your pooch?

i bought the large size Alex luxe. its the gold and it is gorgeous :), i have 3 dogs. Minnie is alittle under 5 pounds, Tootsie is a big girl, she is 9 pounds. and i also have a yorkie that is 5 pounds.
i can fit Tootsie in it , and its plenty roomy. i can also fit Minnie and my yorkie in it perfect. and even Minnie and Tootsie. ( they are littermates and are like 2 peas in a pod so love to be snuggled up close ) ** the only thing is almost 15 pounds is heavy to carry for any length of time. but i have done this for just a short time.
So for your one girl it will be plenty roomy, even when she is full grown. and if you get her used to it now, while she is still a pup, i think it would be perfect. i will try to find the site of who i bought it off of. He is very nice, you can email him and he's very helpful

oh, and i have a pet tote also, but i love the Kwiggy Bo much better. its lighter weight. Mine is an old style of Metro. it is nice but just love my Kwiggy bo Alex Luxe :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I own both the Alex by Kwigy Bo and the Brooklyn by Petote. I honestly love the Petote bag and what's great is that it looks identical to a purse and has a ton of functionality. I got mine for $50 on Ebay but it usually runs for about $150 (I think). They sell it on Amazon, I'm pretty sure. The Metro is a really nice Petote style too.

I owned the smaller size Kwigy Bo bag and Teddy outgrew it. He's only 5 lbs but he was too long for the bag. He could just barely fit once he was fully grown. I didn't love the bag enough to buy it again in a large so I looked for something different and found Petote.

This is the bag I have:

Ohh, I like that too! Oh and the Metro one I've seen, but it's close to 500$! Too high for me :(

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the black alex. Not the luxe one because I'm not sure about the chain strap. But the luxe is very pretty too. Let me take some pictures for you.

Funny you say that, to me it looks like the Luxe straps are larger, therefore more comfy??? But as I said earlier, it's so tough to tell by looking at a tiny online picture. I really appreciate you taking the time to take photos for me, you're so nice! :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i bought the large size Alex luxe. its the gold and it is gorgeous :), i have 3 dogs. Minnie is alittle under 5 pounds, Tootsie is a big girl, she is 9 pounds. and i also have a yorkie that is 5 pounds.
i can fit Tootsie in it , and its plenty roomy. i can also fit Minnie and my yorkie in it perfect. and even Minnie and Tootsie. ( they are littermates and are like 2 peas in a pod so love to be snuggled up close ) ** the only thing is almost 15 pounds is heavy to carry for any length of time. but i have done this for just a short time.
So for your one girl it will be plenty roomy, even when she is full grown. and if you get her used to it now, while she is still a pup, i think it would be perfect. i will try to find the site of who i bought it off of. He is very nice, you can email him and he's very helpful

oh, and i have a pet tote also, but i love the Kwiggy Bo much better. its lighter weight. Mine is an old style of Metro. it is nice but just love my Kwiggy bo Alex Luxe :)
Wow, thank you thank you, I appreciate that!!!
Oh and Chanel is already used to her carrier, she jumps right in when I open it, knowing that we are about to go out! :)
And the gold one is my fav, I think it'll look good with my golden hair...lol....how corny am I?! Haha!
But seriously, it'll look good with anything, gold or black are great for everyday imo.
Sounds silly, but if I'm going to only have one carrier, it's got to match with most of my clothing! :D
...here goes my OCD again, can never escape it!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you Elza for the pictures! It looks great, and large!
And thank you Elaine for the link, going to check it out right now!

You girls are great! I never expected to get so much help so fast!
:)

·
Registered
493 Posts
You're very welcome. And here is the link where I bought mine Dog Carriers : Kwigy Bo : Doggie Couture Shop. I believe they are having a 20% off fall sale right now. It looks like they have all the colors but I suggest you contact them before to make sure that they have it in stock. Because when I bought mine it took almost 1 month for it to arrive because they didn't have it in stock and they didn't inform me about it. But it so worth the wait for the price that I paid for.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Perfect Elza! Will do! :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
just looked up what i paid. it was only 136.00 including free shipping to US. i'm sure you would have to pay more for shipping. Tell him you have a friend from the yorkie site and see if you can get it for what i got it for :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts