Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fun question :)

Who has the smallest full blooded chi and who has the largest full blooded?

I'm thinking when Bijoux grows up she'll be a contender (already 4.3 lbs) but as it stands I thought this could be fun to ask ;)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I would guess that Dottie is the smallest and Jaspar is the largest! But ALL of them are wonderful. Big or small, they are all perfect. :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
My smallest purebred adult is 3.25 lbs, she's 2 years old. She is not even close to the smallest adult here, I don't think, though I am not sure.

My largest purebred adult is 7 lbs, he's 18 months, I'm sure he's not the biggest either lol.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I Am not going to devuldge Jasper's weight because some people here have very harsh views on over weight dogs in general but most especially chihuahuas. I know being over weight is not healthy for my Jasper thus we have been trying for over a year with some help from our vet,exercise and fat free homecooking to get him to drop some weight. Thus far he has only dropped about 2lbs. He is tall and long and according to our vet a large framed chi but still to big. He also has a very slow metabolisim which doesn't help. I think it is safe to say he is the largest pure bred chi here. I will post a pic of his parents and jasper once I switch computers.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Laura, I hope you didn't think I was pointing fingers at Jasper's weight. He is just big boned! He has always been a bigger boy. Some chi's are big, some are little, some are in between. He has always been one of my favorites, no matter what his size.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi my buster weighed in today at 6 pounds 2 ounces he had a few shots to get his vet said he looks great

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
My Tootsie is a big girl. she weighs alittle over 9 pounds. i think she could maybe lose at most one pound, she's got a large frame. She does love to eat, if i let her she'd weigh alot more than that.

Minnie on the other had doesnt like to eat that much. she only weighs around 4.5 pounds and she could gain a few ounces

they are from the same litter, Tootse looks like her Mother, and Minnie looks like her Father

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
My largest pure bred chi is Lexxi at 8 pounds. She is at her ideal weight. Reggie is the heaviest at 8 pounds 2 oz, but is one of my shortest. He has lost a little over 1/2 a pound, still has about 1 1/2 more pounds to lose. My smallest is Twiggy who is 2 pounds 14 oz at 2 years old. I think T would win the smallest with Jade?

ETA: I just weighed Twiggy and she's having a fat day, she is 3 pounds. She's in heat, maybe she's a little bloated from that. lol

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I was going to say Dottie, Quigley or Jade for smallest. I thought someone here said that they had a 12 pounder recently but I'd have to go back and look at posts.
My girls are not contenders either way. They'll finish somewhere in the "mediocre and average" range! haha!

·
Registered
774 Posts
my max is 9lb and daizy is 6lb. both are 4 yrs. mine are in the middle.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Well, all mine are full blooded- Abby's my smallest at 2.25 lbs(5 years old) and Sassy came to me at 9 lbs, but she now 5.5-6lbs depending on her gumption to play...LOL

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Laura, I hope you didn't think I was pointing fingers at Jasper's weight. He is just big boned! He has always been a bigger boy. Some chi's are big, some are little, some are in between. He has always been one of my favorites, no matter what his size.
God no Tracy nothing you said bothered me. About a month ago (maybe more) someone from here posted on FB her disgust/dis-stain for dog owners who don't care or pay attention to their dogs being over weight. Some of what she said was worded very strongly and the replys (26+) were also strongly worded. I know the thread was not pointed at my Jasper, but still it bothered me because not all people don't care about their dog's weight. In our case we have tried so many things and have had little success that I am wondering if Jenny Craig wants their 1st canine client. BTW time Jasper was 1 yr old he weighed in at 11.5 lbs and yet he looked great for his frame and the vet had no concerns. (sadly though that was 3.5lbs heavier than he was when he got neutered). The vet said that can contribute to rapid weight gain, however he thinks now that Jasper's metabolism is a big part of the problem. Not sure what to do for him now other than making sure he doesn't gain any more. My biggest worries are the stress on his legs, organs and over all health as he gets older (diabetes etc).
Dad:Thor
4lbs

Mom: Daisy 5.5lbs

Jasper @ 8 weeks already bordering 2lbs believe it or not:

Jasper @ 5monthes 6 lbs:

Jasper @ 1yr 11.5lbs

Jasper @ 3yrs not disclosing his weight:

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
I Am not going to devuldge Jasper's weight because some people here have very harsh views on over weight dogs in general

I have to agree about the 'views'....but...I bet Chico would give Jasper a 'run for the money' on weight.... and I am like you as trying to get his weight down... It is SO hard to get Chico to lose a pound.... I was hoping this knee surgery would able him to walk... but now with the hip problem, I don't see that happening.... *sigh*... I love him no matter what he weighs.... and he loves me no matter what *I* weigh.... so we are a match :)

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I have to agree about the 'views'....but...I bet Chico would give Jasper a 'run for the money' on weight.... and I am like you as trying to get his weight down... It is SO hard to get Chico to lose a pound.... I was hoping this knee surgery would able him to walk... but now with the hip problem, I don't see that happening.... *sigh*... I love him no matter what he weighs.... and he loves me no matter what *I* weigh.... so we are a match :)

Izzy says she feels a kinship with Jaspar and Chico...weight is always an issue for her...no matter how hard we try...she is built like a little bulldog...wide chest and stocky build.....and with her ortho problems walking very far is problematic...

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I had one vet say that my Max was a mix, but others said he was just a very large full blooded chihuahua. :love4: {he died this past February at the ripe old age of 16 and a half years old}. I don't really know. But if he was full blooded then he definitely was the world's biggest. :nshocked2: His weight was way up there in the double digits!:oops:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts