Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried laser spaying their chihuahua? I've heard it was better than regular spying but before I do it I would love to get some opinions.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
benefits of laser surgery

My vet told me about it she said it prevents less swelling, pain, infection, and less bleeding. It's kinda expensive but if you it up on the internet you will find more info about it.
Holly :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
my friend had her chi nuetered with the laser....it does cost more however she said her puppy was fine about an hour later...in hardly no pain at all.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
laser

Chi Mommy said:
my friend had her chi nuetered with the laser....it does cost more however she said her puppy was fine about an hour later...in hardly no pain at all.
if this is true , i would certainly consider laser spaying paris.......
i heard about it, but i don't know people who had it done already.......and what is more expensive....?

kisses nat

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well everybody I have an appointment for Isabelle on Wednesday. So I'll let everybody know how it went. My husbands friend was a vet tech and I asked him about and he said definetly do laser spaying it's so much better than the regular way. It's only 50 dollars more. It does sound pretty good when I was talking about it with the vet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Re: laser

nathaliedewilde said:
Chi Mommy said:
if this is true , i would certainly consider laser spaying paris.......
i heard about it, but i don't know people who had it done already.......and what is more expensive....?

kisses nat

she said it was a little over 500 for everything, that is for nuetering i am assuming spaying may be a little more not sure, i will ask her for more details

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Chimommy,

My vet quoted me 200.00 for everything. Five hundred dollars eekk, I hope I don't have a surprise when I get the bill:) I think my husband would have a heart attack..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I did it. I had Isabelle get laser spayed and she was up and playing and running around that day. I just want everyone to know I reccomend it. There was no swelling the stitches are very small to.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
heres a little info guys , thanks to homestead.com :

The use of laser for spaying and neutering can dramatically decrease the already minimal pain a cat or dog goes through following the procedure and also decreases the amount of blood lost during the operation. Use of a laser results in very little blood loss during the course of the surgery by vaporizing tissues and cauterizing blood vessels and lymphatic vessels. This reduction in blood loss produces another benefit of laser spaying/neutering – less blood loss means the surgery can be completed in less time, thus reducing the amount of anesthesia the animal needs, thereby reducing the risk of complications, and consequently shortening recovery time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts