Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Chihuahua is almost eight months old and has not had her first heat yet. Is this normal? When did your pup have hers?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Zoey was starting to come into heat when she was spayed at about 7 & 1/2 months. Every dog is different some don't have their first cycle until they are about a year old.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just spoke with a friend who said hers was almost a year. She is 5 pounds. So maybe just have to wait for it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Maisie was a couple of days off 8 months old, and 5.2lb when she had her first heat cycle

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Small breeds can come into heat as early as 5 months, and as late as 1 year. But their weight won't be an indicator on what end of the scale they start.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Maya went into heat at 14 months. I had her spayed shortly after. She had leg surgery at the time I would have normally spayed her and then since she was so skinny and recovering from that, I just didn't get her spayed. So, I don't know why, but I was shocked when she went into heat. Of course, it was right after my leg surgery that had me in a full body brace. Ugh. Peach got spayed last week so Maya was my only dog that I could tell you when they went into season.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts