Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reuben's best friend was his brother Eddy (he passed away just this December very unexpectedly at the age of 5)...a deaf white cat we rescued from the mean streets of Newark NJ. They were thick as theives, played and slept together...one afternoon, I returned to the bedroom to find this scene in my clean laundry...I couldn' bear to move them!
Reuben misses his brother very much...I so do I...every laundry day especially!

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Very sweet :) Sorry for your loss - looks like they were good buddies. Holly loves jumping in the basket full of hot clothes as soon as I remove them from the dryer ;)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
That picture is priceless. I wonder why he died. That's so sad. You gave him a good life. Doesn't it amaze you the places they end up?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone...I have NO CLUE how Reuben made the leap INTO the basket...but he found a way because he wanted to sleep next to Eddy. When the basket was empty, Eddy would jump inside and taunt Reuben, who would run, 'Little Black Sambo's tigers' style around and around and around, yippin and barkin and doing a play-growl that sounded like a cartoon pirate. Eventually, Eddy would TEAR out of the basket and Reuben would chase...they'd run around at top speed until one or the other got tired and they'd just plop down and pant.
Eddy was born deaf with China eyes (one blue, one green)...so the vet was sure that this otherwise perfectly healthy 5 year old had a birth defect-related aneurysm that killed him almost instantly...he died right in front of all of us while he was playing with his favorite tin foil ball. I brought Reuben over to his body and the little sweetheart started POUNCING on top of him...trying to get him to play...very sad...
We're just getting ready now to start the search for a little chi brother or sister to fill the void!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
So sorry about the loss of his little buddy....poor little guy:( That will be great if you get another little companion. My Dazy is so happy now with her little sissy Lulubelle....they get along really great.
Hey Gia, I saw on your site that you BD....I also have been dancing and teaching for 20 years! Just love it!!:p

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So sorry about the loss of his little buddy....poor little guy:( That will be great if you get another little companion. My Dazy is so happy now with her little sissy Lulubelle....they get along really great.
Hey Gia, I saw on your site that you BD....I also have been dancing and teaching for 20 years! Just love it!!:p
Thanks so much for your condolences! We are definately working towards bringing home a brother or sister Chi for Reuben in the near future!
I am delighted to know another Ra'asa and el Sitt!! Do you have a website too?
Gia

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Thanks so much for your condolences! We are definately working towards bringing home a brother or sister Chi for Reuben in the near future!
I am delighted to know another Ra'asa and el Sitt!! Do you have a website too?
Gia
I used to have my own website... I designed and made costumes but I am no longer doing it:( My husband and I are retired now and so dancing has slowed up a bit. But I still perform at Renn Faires and certain other functions. I'll never stop playing my zils !!!!:D
I used to dance with Angelik, Catharae and Fathiem then went on to do my own solo work.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love Fahtiem! I have taken workshops with her at Rakkasah East! I am still very much 'in the loop' and teaching about 8-10 hrs a week and performing on the weekends...it's so lovely to know that so many of us have so much in common...including our beloved Chi's!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts