Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha, so, as I now have my first longcoat, I've obviously become very curious how little Bryco will develop coat wise. Right now he is just a little poof cottonball, and he doesn't have much hair at all on his bum...is he going to stay that way or will hair grow there? People often mention having to trim that hair to keep it clean? When will he blow his puppy coat? I am hoping to enter him in our small dog show here just after he turns 6 months...is he gonna look naked?

I know he won't likely be in full adult coat til 2 or even 3 years of age, but that's about all I know!

·
Registered
881 Posts
he is very beautiful, dont trim him if you plan to show him just keep bathing him, i also find wee is a problem with perry. he gets it all up his belly hair (maybe its just him being a dirty toad) have a look in the showing section i posted a pic of perry when he was 10weeks and his coat now at 10 months , i will look out some in-between piccys for you.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Daisy blew her coat at 4 months.. she wasn't bald at all just shed like it was going out of fashion.. She's gone less poofy before she looked like a fluffy bear.. now she looks like a lc who needs to grow a bit.

The feathering on her ears was the first to show..

She's 5.5 months and she's no where near bald.. her little pants on her bum are growing.. but i've noticed the bit round her actual bum is not as hairy.. the pants just kinda stick out a bit! She's fast asleep now but i'll try to take photos later.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there are some piccys of him in stages on this thread http://www.chihuahua-people.com/showthread.php?t=46958
That is such a cool comparison of how he grew...makes me smile. He lightened up quite a bit!

Daisy blew her coat at 4 months.. she wasn't bald at all just shed like it was going out of fashion.. She's gone less poofy before she looked like a fluffy bear.. now she looks like a lc who needs to grow a bit.

The feathering on her ears was the first to show..

She's 5.5 months and she's no where near bald.. her little pants on her bum are growing.. but i've noticed the bit round her actual bum is not as hairy.. the pants just kinda stick out a bit! She's fast asleep now but i'll try to take photos later.
Hehe Bryco doesn't have any hair round his actual bum! We think its very funny and weird looking!

he is very beautiful, dont trim him if you plan to show him just keep bathing him, i also find wee is a problem with perry. he gets it all up his belly hair (maybe its just him being a dirty toad) have a look in the showing section i posted a pic of perry when he was 10weeks and his coat now at 10 months , i will look out some in-between piccys for you.
Ok! No trimming! I bought some of those little wipes so I don't dry his skin out from too much bathing. Perry is sooo handsome and I can't believe how much he changed. I'm still wondering if Bryco will turn cream as he's already got reddish ears and a few reddish spots. I hate the wait and see part, I really should only be allowed to buy adults haha because I fuss over what the puppy will look like as an adult!

He does have moderate tear staining around his eyes...I'm wondering since he's so young, can I trim that now and not have it affect his adult coat? I'd like to get that under control asap for our little boogar =)

The change from his coat from 4 1/2 to 6 months is amazing.. im quite excited as i've noticed Daisy is starting to look so so furry and lc like!
Daisy is gonna be a stunner. Better lock her up!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Ok! No trimming! I bought some of those little wipes so I don't dry his skin out from too much bathing. Perry is sooo handsome and I can't believe how much he changed. I'm still wondering if Bryco will turn cream as he's already got reddish ears and a few reddish spots. I hate the wait and see part, I really should only be allowed to buy adults haha because I fuss over what the puppy will look like as an adult!

He does have moderate tear staining around his eyes...I'm wondering since he's so young, can I trim that now and not have it affect his adult coat? I'd like to get that under control asap for our little boogar =)
Thank you :) his breeder was shocked at how light he has gotten too im quite sad he didnt stay dark. perry has just started getting weepy eyes, i was panicking at UK toy champ show about his eyes and got told to leave them because the stains make the eyes look bigger,but i dont realy like it so dont know what to do :S
make sure you take lots of pics of him over the next few months to see how much he is changing :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
LOL no need to your hubby is in the wrong country ha ha!! People in the park do go oh can i pick her up and i' like there ready to beat them down if they try to do a runner with her ha ha

Will the tear staining not wipe out.. I would clean what you can and keep cleaning so you don't add anymore.. Its grows out.. If you look at the colour changes on all the long hairs their faces have generally all changed colour so i suppose if you don't add to it it should grow out?

Daisy gets the odd tears that just wipe out and we don't have any staining

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL no need to your hubby is in the wrong country ha ha!! People in the park do go oh can i pick her up and i' like there ready to beat them down if they try to do a runner with her ha ha

Will the tear staining not wipe out.. I would clean what you can and keep cleaning so you don't add anymore.. Its grows out.. If you look at the colour changes on all the long hairs their faces have generally all changed colour so i suppose if you don't add to it it should grow out?

Daisy gets the odd tears that just wipe out and we don't have any staining
Well, I mean, its not horrible, but its definitely there as you could see from the pictures. I will def keep it from being added to, just am impatient and want his pretty little white face to show through asap hahaha. I have little wipes I use 2x a day and I've noticed he doesn't tear all the time or even often, its been like one odd time in 2 days. Just guessing the breeder wasn't sitting there wiping eyes hah.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Well, I mean, its not horrible, but its definitely there as you could see from the pictures. I will def keep it from being added to, just am impatient and want his pretty little white face to show through asap hahaha. I have little wipes I use 2x a day and I've noticed he doesn't tear all the time or even often, its been like one odd time in 2 days. Just guessing the breeder wasn't sitting there wiping eyes hah.
I dunno if its the right thing to do but i got a baby tooth brush with water and managed to get daisys out (that was from the breeder when she was on RC) and nothing has come back since.. but her hair has gone from blue/grey to v light cream on her face so a lot has grown out!

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
I trim the pants on Twig as she squats to pee and gets herself in a mess, i wouldn't if she was a show dog though id just keep cleaning it, i dont have that problem with B as he lifts his leg and luckily he doesnt wee on himself

Bentley blew his coat at about 4.5-5 months and was just getting his adult coat was coming in when we had his first show at 6 months heres a few pics anyway

4 months

5 months & no coat

6 months

18 months

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dunno if its the right thing to do but i got a baby tooth brush with water and managed to get daisys out (that was from the breeder when she was on RC) and nothing has come back since.. but her hair has gone from blue/grey to v light cream on her face so a lot has grown out!
Yeah, he has been on EukaPOObah! It has beet pulp, pretty certain that contributes to staining. Poor widdle boogar.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I trim the pants on Twig as she squats to pee and gets herself in a mess, i wouldn't if she was a show dog though id just keep cleaning it, i dont have that problem with B as he lifts his leg and luckily he doesnt wee on himself

Bentley blew his coat at about 4.5-5 months and was just getting his adult coat was coming in when we had his first show at 6 months heres a few pics anyway

4 months

5 months & no coat

6 months

18 months
First, Bentley's gorgeous!

Second, any tricks to cleaning other than bathing so I don't dry out his skin? He's white so I'm guessing especially around shows I'm gonna hafta keep him off the dirt lol and watch if he's weeing on himself or not.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts

4 months

5 months & no coat

6 months

18 months
Daisy never got that skinny look where Bentleys blown his coat.. I swear im coming to a show just to kiss his face.. he's exquisite!! We give him a belly rub from here :hello1:

Yeah, he has been on EukaPOObah! It has beet pulp, pretty certain that contributes to staining. Poor widdle boogar.
Yahahahah Poobah funny funny.. well beet is purple right lol. It'll go if he's eating baby food i bet you see a difference!!

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
First, Bentley's gorgeous!

Second, any tricks to cleaning other than bathing so I don't dry out his skin? He's white so I'm guessing especially around shows I'm gonna hafta keep him off the dirt lol and watch if he's weeing on himself or not.
Unfortunatley no ... i try to only bath before a champ show and just wash his face/ears and pants without shampoo for smaller ones .. i give him a suppliment called Yumega to help stop his coat and skin from drying out

Daisy never got that skinny look where Bentleys blown his coat.. I swear im coming to a show just to kiss his face.. he's exquisite!! We give him a belly rub from here :hello1:

Yahahahah Poobah funny funny.. well beet is purple right lol. It'll go if he's eating baby food i bet you see a difference!!
lol, he would love that he absolutely loves belly rubs :D

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
hehe...it's so hard to wait & guess what he's going to develop in to, isn't it? I remember being SO irritated because I wanted to know what Mari would look like. (as you know, I'm SO impatient!) With short coats you sort of know what you're going to get. With long coats you never know!

I'm sure his bum hair will grow in eventually. Mari used to be very sparce on her neck/chest area as a pup but it was short lived. Most long coats blow their puppy coat but not all. Some just gradually loose it & grow in their adult coat at the same time so it's less noticable. Maribelle was very dramatic. I kept brushing her & using a lint roller but it seems like her puppy coat all came out in like a weeks time. I put these pics together last year so I'll post them here for you to see since it shows the progress of her coat.

And now at 19 months:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mari is wayyy cute and I love her self colored nose. I should do something like your pictures with Bryco. Right now I have a hard time believing he's 10 weeks because he is the tiniest little boy I've ever seen or owned! He behaves just how he should although I was unsure at first, but jeesh! He also has powderpuff white fur right now but I'm wondering if its going to turn cream in some places. I guess I just have to wait and see and in the process I can create my own photo montage ;-)

·
Registered
300 Posts
hehe...it's so hard to wait & guess what he's going to develop in to, isn't it? I remember being SO irritated because I wanted to know what Mari would look like. (as you know, I'm SO impatient!) With short coats you sort of know what you're going to get. With long coats you never know!

I'm sure his bum hair will grow in eventually. Mari used to be very sparce on her neck/chest area as a pup but it was short lived. Most long coats blow their puppy coat but not all. Some just gradually loose it & grow in their adult coat at the same time so it's less noticable. Maribelle was very dramatic. I kept brushing her & using a lint roller but it seems like her puppy coat all came out in like a weeks time. I put these pics together last year so I'll post them here for you to see since it shows the progress of her coat.

Oh my Maribelle has changed so much,was she sold to u as a chocolate? Most breeders charge more for chocs and at 1month u would think she was a choc and white!
Shes a beauty! I also am very impatient waiting for Cocos adult coat to come in, the vet sed 2day that she sees more cream in her than last time we were there 2 weeks ago but i dont notice it cos im always with her!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Mari is wayyy cute and I love her self colored nose. I should do something like your pictures with Bryco. Right now I have a hard time believing he's 10 weeks because he is the tiniest little boy I've ever seen or owned! He behaves just how he should although I was unsure at first, but jeesh! He also has powderpuff white fur right now but I'm wondering if its going to turn cream in some places. I guess I just have to wait and see and in the process I can create my own photo montage ;-)
I wish I could see Bryco in person...I bet he's just a wee little thing! Mari was 1lb 14oz when we brought her home...but those several oz I'm sure make a big difference! I can't wait to see how he turns out though...how exciting!!

Oh my Maribelle has changed so much,was she sold to u as a chocolate? Most breeders charge more for chocs and at 1month u would think she was a choc and white!
Shes a beauty! I also am very impatient waiting for Cocos adult coat to come in, the vet sed 2day that she sees more cream in her than last time we were there 2 weeks ago but i dont notice it cos im always with her!
The breeder did think she'd stay chocolate...but maybe lighten up a bit especially around her face. I already knew though how much LC's changed so I knew there was a chance she'd be something other than chocolate. I was hoping she'd stay that color but I was pleasantly surprised at the deep red color she ended up. I always loved my darker/grunge colors (as I call them LOL) but I love her color now and wouldn't want it any other way. It's so bright & different than the rest of my crew so it all worked out. :)

I bet Coco will lighten up a lot though it looks like the sabling is still dark enough where she may keep some of it. But one never knows I guess!

Oh & Mari wasn't sold to me more because of her color. The breeder doesn't charge more based on color thankfully!

·
Registered
813 Posts

4 months

5 months & no coat

6 months

18 months
I love seeing the progression, he really is gorgeous!

I have to trim bellas bottom hair :) as she squats.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts