Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Yes I do it,especially my sheltie who is very furry round the bottom couldn't cope if I didn't if you know what I mean ( lol)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I trim her pants so they become shorts. :cool:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I wanted to ask the same question!!!! So thanks Cherper!!

Can maybe someone explain how to trim the *area* lol! I'm kind of nervous about doing it!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I give Lion and Penny a hygiene trim every month or so because I hate when poo gets stuck in their fur! I just use scissors and do it when I give them a bath.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I don't trim bunny's, it is floor length now! But the main bulk of her coat is quite flat so not too much effort otherwise. The groomers cut them short before but they looked weird cos they were cut blunt, i would recommend making the ends look more natural

·
Registered
311 Posts
I just noticed this week her backend is coming in ~ all choppy looking ~ already looks like someone tried to give her a trim, her paws have also gotten fuzzy this week so guessing she had some kind of a hair growth spurt. So far nothing has stuck to the caboose ~ phew! But I think this weekend I and going to get the tinies out and trim her up a bit ~ especially the feet. She's 5 months old Saturday so this is the first styling I have had to do.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
i hate when poop gets dried up on the butt area fur! i cut the hair off myself ...its just too annoyin to deal with lol!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I don't trim Finn's pants as he seems to be very neat about his business.

Now, if I don't shave my Australian Shepherd's rear at least once a month it is disgusting. Shiloh does his business standing straight up. He never learned to hunch over. Ugh.!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I use the same trimmer that I use to groom my cresteds. It's a Chromini; very powerful but still small. So I basically just do a strip down each side of the 'butt fluffies' and then go over them a few times to give them a more natural shape etc. I only do it every couple months though, as it doesn't grow too fast.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
read that when im feelin quesy thanks cherper lmaooooo. dex gets thwt kinda poo once in a while...ugh feelin yucky now

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
read that when im feelin quesy thanks cherper lmaooooo. dex gets thwt kinda poo once in a while...ugh feelin yucky now

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I didn't with Mari & never had a problem but after getting Lulu & realizing that sort of grooming was done for show...now I'd do it to all LC's. :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Haha...really only one of mine needs the trim. His pants look like a handle bar mustache ( I'll try to add a pic) . One day he was having a go & got excited by something at the fence, scratched off too soon & it flung up & landed on his back!! What a mess...only Alvin!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I bring Zarita to the groomer, 'cause she really doesn't like her rear end combed out. They think she is just 'wonderful'!! She doesn't show her teeth at them! Just me. They do a 'hygiene' clip in the back. Sue

1 - 20 of 22 Posts