Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my new baby Chi-mix Penny. Her dad is a long coat chi and mom is a toy poodle. She is growing the weirdest hair... A shorter brown layer and a longer coarser light layer, presumably the poodle hair? Any opinions on if the brown will continue to grow and come in? She is five months.
I'm debating getting it cut so it's all one length, but if the darker shorter layer will fill in then I wouldn't want to.

·
Banned
248 Posts
I would leave her coat the way it is personally. I think she looks adorable. Now if the hair gets so long that it is matting or hindering her vision I would clip it. It's hard to say if her coat will change much. Every dog is different.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
She is adorable! Looks like there is some terrier in there though and that's the way I would trim her if it were me. Basically the ears, top of head and down the back trimmed short, leaving longer hair on the lower part of the body. I don't know what would happen with the color of the coat, though. I think she will be cute whatever you decide.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the feedback. Yes I think she does have a slight terrier look to her, I think it's the wiry poodle hair that gives her that look, parents were both Purebred. I have decided not to cut it. I also can't wait to see what she looks like as an adult, as much as I enjoy the little puppy I'm eager to see what she grows into!
Either way she is the sweetest thing, unique, and that adorable ear fringe!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.