Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
☀Today was a beautiful and sunny day here in Chicago. And I figured what better way than to spend it having dessert at my favorite French inspired chocolate shop downtown Naperville. I love this part of town, it is filled with so much fun and joy and literally something for everybody. And I have the best time whenever I go there with the dogs because it's so pet friendly. So here's some pics of Ava's evening out, as well as pics earlier of a couple of my favorite chi neighbors. Hope you had a great Sunday cp!

My dessert mmmmm mixed berry and lemon macaroons, and a toffee and caramel cheesecake 😋😋😋😋
ImageUploadedByPG Free1410142014.069544.jpg

Ava wants some too!
ImageUploadedByPG Free1410142049.556104.jpg

Still wants some 😋
ImageUploadedByPG Free1410142082.425209.jpg

ImageUploadedByPG Free1410142113.343961.jpg

ImageUploadedByPG Free1410142154.881055.jpg

ImageUploadedByPG Free1410142188.498137.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ImageUploadedByPG Free1410142240.803864.jpg

My fave chi neighbors, the Black and Tan one is so tiny! And I love the little Merle girl named Sweetie💕❤, Ava was being anti social...boo! 😋

ImageUploadedByPG Free1410142321.376406.jpg

ImageUploadedByPG Free1410142340.397125.jpg

Thanks for looking... Xoxo!💜

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day! That dessert looks so yummy!! I wish we had a great place like that to go. :( We have a town very similar to walk the streets with tons of fabulous boutique shops of all kinds and indoor/outdoor cafes, but I don't know how dog-friendly it is. It's about 30 minutes from me, and when I go, I don't ever see people with any dogs.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you had a great day! That dessert looks so yummy!! I wish we had a great place like that to go. :( We have a town very similar to walk the streets with tons of fabulous boutique shops of all kinds and indoor/outdoor cafes, but I don't know how dog-friendly it is. It's about 30 minutes from me, and when I go, I don't ever see people with any dogs.

Thanks Tina! Your town sounds just like mine. Except there are dogs EVERYWHERE!!! Lol. And people from every country, interracial couples, old and young, and so friendly. It's such a popular area that they've just recently expanded and added on to one of our large parking garages. More retail!! A J Crew, a new store called Everveve, a DSW, another ice cream shop and more. I can't get enough of it and I'm so envious of those who live in the houses and condos within walking distance. I love taking the dogs there, especially while it's still nice out 😊.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Oh my gosh that looks delicious!! I really shouldn't have looked at this first thing in the morning... now I want cheese cake for breakfast. lol :p The pictures are very cute too, Ava sure looks like she agrees with me about the cheese cake. :p I love her hoodie too, so cute! And I'm not usually a big fan of merle dogs, but I have to say this little chi is adorable. So is the black and tan one. Well I guess I find all chis adorable... ;)

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh my gosh that looks delicious!! I really shouldn't have looked at this first thing in the morning... now I want cheese cake for breakfast. lol :p The pictures are very cute too, Ava sure looks like she agrees with me about the cheese cake. :p I love her hoodie too, so cute! And I'm not usually a big fan of merle dogs, but I have to say this little chi is adorable. So is the black and tan one. Well I guess I find all chis adorable... ;)

It is now morning for me, and I think I want cheesecake too lol. But I've eaten so much this weekend that I'm going to try very hard to get back to my boring ground turkey and vegetables diet lol. And thankyou. That's the 3 boo hoodie from paris erotica and it used to have a yellow, a blue and a pink bow on it but I didn't like it. So I took them off this weekend and sewed black bows on. I am proud of myself lol. It turned out nice. And I'm right there with you! Merle chi's aren't my favorite. But sweetie is the prettiest one I've seen. I wanted to take her hm with me. But I don't think Ava would be too happy with that 😋😳

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Loving Miss Ava's pics, she was just born to be a model..:). 5th Street Naples is very much the same, I love going with the dogs. The desserts look to die for, too fun!

Thanks Deb! Ava is always a hit when we go downtown Naperville people literally cut me off when I'm walking to come and chat with me about her. As I imagine would be your same experience with miss lily and her unique markings. Thanks for always being so sweet Deb 😍😘

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Ohhh the dessert looks so good, I miss sweets so much!! Ava and her friends are so cute, I like the picture of her face behind the cake. The merle chi is gorgeous, I've always wanted a merle but was never brave enough to get one! I love seeing pictures of them!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ohhh the dessert looks so good, I miss sweets so much!! Ava and her friends are so cute, I like the picture of her face behind the cake. The merle chi is gorgeous, I've always wanted a merle but was never brave enough to get one! I love seeing pictures of them!

Thanks! That cheesecake was to die for! And to think I used to hate cheesecake lol. And thanks, I've been trying my best to get Ava out as much as I can to socialize with other people and dogs. She is not accepting of strangers though. I'd like for her to be more social and outgoing when we go out but she's actually kinda shy. Which is opposite of what she was when I first got her. I have barely seen those chi's this summer so I was excited to see them out and about yesterday. I saw them all the time last Summer when Braxton was still a puppy. And I've loved that merle chi ever since 😊

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
It is now morning for me, and I think I want cheesecake too lol. But I've eaten so much this weekend that I'm going to try very hard to get back to my boring ground turkey and vegetables diet lol. And thankyou. That's the 3 boo hoodie from paris erotica and it used to have a yellow, a blue and a pink bow on it but I didn't like it. So I took them off this weekend and sewed black bows on. I am proud of myself lol. It turned out nice. And I'm right there with you! Merle chi's aren't my favorite. But sweetie is the prettiest one I've seen. I wanted to take her hm with me. But I don't think Ava would be too happy with that 😋😳
Oh I see, I just googled it and I think it looks much better with the black bows you sewed on so well done. ;) And I can't believe you used to hate cheesecake. lol It's a good (or unfortunate) thing I'm allergic to gluten and can't buy these unhealthy delicious foods easily or I'd probably eat cheesecake all the time. lol

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh I see, I just googled it and I think it looks much better with the black bows you sewed on so well done. ;) And I can't believe you used to hate cheesecake. lol It's a good (or unfortunate) thing I'm allergic to gluten and can't buy these unhealthy delicious foods easily or I'd probably eat cheesecake all the time. lol

Thanks Camille, the black bows look so much cuter to me too. I can't believe how hard it was to find tiny bows like that. I was a picky teenager haha. There are a few foods I hated then but love now! Can you have gluten free desserts? Do they make a gluten free cheesecake?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Thanks Camille, the black bows look so much cuter to me too. I can't believe how hard it was to find tiny bows like that. I was a picky teenager haha. There are a few foods I hated then but love now! Can you have gluten free desserts? Do they make a gluten free cheesecake?
Yeah, but gluten free things like that can be hard to find so it forces me to be healthy most of the time. lol I usually cook them myself.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, but gluten free things like that can be hard to find so it forces me to be healthy most of the time. lol I usually cook them myself.

Oh I see. I don't get to eat many sweets and it's a good thing I can't bake lol because then I'd really be in trouble!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Work always gets in the way of my fun and if it is not work it is football or something LOL

Looks like y'all had a blast!

We had a great time! First piece of pie I've had in ages. It was sooo worth it!😋

1 - 19 of 19 Posts