Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a puppy chi that is 12 weeks old. When I put the leash on him he refuses to move from where he sits. This the first time I have had to train a dog for a leash could anyone give me some suggestions?

·
Registered
99 Posts
i had the same problem with my puppy and here is what i did. first get him used to it. put it on and let him run around for awhile with it dragging or let him eat with it on. that way he will get used to seeing it and learn that it's nothing scary. do this for awhile and slowly start trying to take him for walks around the house. you might have to tempt him with a treat if he is totally glued to the floor! when i started taking her outside for real walks though she was back to being glued! however, what worked with my girl was my boyfriend and i both took her for a walk and she just followed along behind us... it's not "heeling" but at least she was walking and not being dragged along!

·
Registered
99 Posts
oops, i forgot to add to make sure you have a harness for him if you don't already ;) i never put the leash on annabelle with a collar, i always used a harness and she still got trained just fine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts