Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I was wonderng how you deal with seperation anxiety? Because I don't work right now Gizmo is always with me, I have him in his crate and he is fine, but if I leave him in another room he freaks out! :cry: I don't pay him attention because I don't want to encourage the whining and it works for a little bit then he starts yelping like he is being abused or something! He doesn't use pads, because he is fabulous going outside, but I'm afraid if I leave him in there for too long he will start to pee in his crate and throw off the progress. So no I try not to leave him alone, buit I know that is not good either! :shock:

Just wondering if you have any ideas? I basicallt don't want to ruin the progress we have made with his potty training, but I also want to get him used to being alone because I will start working in July. He is 11 weeks by the way!

http://www.dogster.com/?141371

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Oh what a beautiful little man. I can't answer your question as Marcus is never alone. He does spend a lot of time in his crate while I'm at work but the crate sits right beside me and when he wants to wake up and come out I have a baby gate that goes across the office door.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank!

I wish I could find a job that I could take him with me :cry: I don't have a job yet, but I am looking for one. Oh and he says thank you for the compliment, his is such a ham! He loves attention...oh and the bottom picture is his older one because his ears are standing straight up now :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Charlie whined a lot when I left him alone at first. He got used to a routine though and is fine being alone, although he's a little trouble maker so he gets put in the bathroom and I have to put the toilet paper up where he can't get it. :roll: The best advice I've heard for this behavior is to not make a big deal about coming or going from the room and when you go into the room where he is do something else first then go over to him when he's not whining. Hope that helps. He sure is a cutie pie!! :D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I'm sorry I can't offer the best advice, Sadie and Ritz just kind of "outgrew" their separation anxiety (and Sadie's was the WORST). One thing I can suggest is crate training because when they are comfortable in the crate and CAN see you, they will be fine when you aren't there. I've had a lot of success in recommending this method to other owners who have had young dogs (unfortunatley both Sadie and Ritz were older when we got them). Good luck!

·
Registered
298 Posts
what a cutie im sorry i cant help you with this..im having kinda the same prob as well :(

you should get a job dogge shop :) all the dog shops where i live they have there dogs with them :) thats what i want to do when i stop working from home :)

the best of luck!

star xx

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
OMG!!! He so cute, I almost went into cuteness overload!!! That first pic of him is darling!! ...Sorry, I also cannot answer your question...hehehe :oops:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
He is a little doll! He reminds me of a teddy bear..I dont have much in the way of an answer for you but please post more pics of Giz! :wave:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks!!!

Thank you for the compliments! He's great at posing, you just whistle and he stares...it's really funny. I am so in love with this little guy, everywhere I go we get stopped...I guess that is what happens when you have chi's right? :D :love9:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I have to tell you he is a very cute baby... His face kinda reminds me of Gadgets... Without the black...

I never had the problem with gadget... He is always with me.. We live in a 5th wheel Travel trailer and we only have 2 doors one for the bedroom and the other for the bathroom... so he can see me no matter where I am in the house... He loves sitting or lying on the end of the bed because he can see into the kitchen and livingroom and he can see what we are doing on the kitchen counter... It is funny because I will be cooking and he will sit there on the bed and watch me cook.. he also stand on the top step to the bathroom he can see really good there... we laugh at him all the time... he is so smart he has figured this out all by hisself..

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Good luck with the anxiety , my lad is crate trained too and I really found that helped loads .. Sara x

star said:
you should get a job dogge shop :) all the dog shops where i live they have there dogs with them :)
I'm really lucky and do take my lad to work with me :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jager is really really bad about that too... I can't even take a shower on some days.... this morning it got so bad and loud that I wrapped him in a towel and put him in the shower with me... I know I am supposed to ignore him but I'm sure the neighbors (apartment :( ) think I am trying to kill him soooo :whoknows: I know he is going to have a hard time when I start work :(

·
Registered
936 Posts
Look like you got some great advice. Hope everything goes well!!!

BTW...Seiah has that exact same dog tennis ball toy. He loved it, but he shred it to pieces so now I have to go back and get a new one.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Re: Thank!

SunnyFLMum said:
I wish I could find a job that I could take him with me :cry: I don't have a job yet, but I am looking for one. Oh and he says thank you for the compliment, his is such a ham! He loves attention...oh and the bottom picture is his older one because his ears are standing straight up now :D
I take P-Nut to work w/ me each day and it is sooooooo nice having her w/ me. Only thing is I did create a monster because she needs to be w/ me 24/7... When I was gone and she was w/ daddy only for two days she was miserable (and she adores her daddy).

·
Registered
28 Posts
gizmo is SO CUTE! he looks like a little monchichi! anyone remember those from the early 80's? awwwww!

oh, i had the same problem with little lola and separation. she sleeps in her small crate at night then during the day i take her to my mom's and she stays in a huge crate complete with a small litter box and training pads in it. she still whines during the day...at least before we leave or when we get there...but my mom thinks it's for show and she probably doesn't do it all day....they just have to eventually get over it.

i live in an apartment with a 1 pet only rule...and i already have a kitty so we can't risk getting evicted with her whining.

she's good at night now, tho.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts