Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share my feelings of what I'm going through right now, I know you guys will all understand. my hubby to be an I will be leaving on a vacation soon in a few weeks and will be leaving our baby luluu for the first time ever! It's only going to be for 4 days, so why am I feeling so sad and worried.

Hubby's mom is great and she loves dogs so I know that will be ok, however she lives in an older home and there's always bugs around, im afraid my baby will get biten by something and get ill :( I think I'm going crazy. Please tell me I;m not the only one who feels like this when they leave their precious pets:)

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
No, you're not! I always leave a set of instructions for my parents when they take Odie for more than a day. They already know all of it, but it makes me feel better leaving it. I know that if anything was even remotely wrong, that they would call her vet, and I leave instructions for things like administering hydrogen peroxide or salt, and what foods are toxic, etc.. Of course they've never had to use it, and I totally trust them to take care of her exactly the same way I would. It sounds like you trust your mother-in-law, and you're leaving your girl with someone that cares. I always finds it helps to have a photo of Odie emailed to me so I can see what a great time she's having. Have a great vacation and don't worry!

·
Registered
809 Posts
You are definitely not alone. It is always hard to leave and that first walk away from my dogs is the hardest. I leave my guys with a responsible friend that loves them as much as I do and I know that they will be well taken care of, that sounds like your mother-in-law. Don't worry about random bugs, they don't really bother dogs. Now fleas and ticks are a different matter. If you are worried just make sure she is current on frontline or something similar. Leave a good list of instructions as well as emergency instructions and enjoy your vacation.

make sure the second you get home to take her to the vet to get checked over :) x
I think this is a little overkill for a 4 day away vacation. If I took all four dogs to the vet every time I left home for a couple of days I would have purchased my vet a new vacation house by now.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Been there done that! The thing that keeps me going is my kids love their sitter and enjoy getting away with murder but the first time leaving them is always the hardest!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.