Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

This is the first time my wife and I are going to leave Tyson, Tiffany and Tequilla and go on holidays.

Ideally we wouldnt do it but since we havent had a holiday in 3 years I think we have to try and get a bit of sun away from Sunny Scotland.

Although my chihuahuas are going to stay with a behavioural therapist in her own home with her own chihuahuas I still feel terrible about leaving them.

Has anyone else had these feeelings and fancy sharing your advice and first time holiday stories? As you can see from below my beautiful wee babies are too lovely to leave!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
you are lucky in a way you got someone you can trust with your chihuahuas....we all do need a break sometime from them...I know it's gonna be very hard for you....

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Every year we travel internationally and leave our pups with a professional petsitter for a week.

The first couple of days we're gone I miss them a good bit... But traveling is something I love and it's important for me to get away to another place!

Your babies will be fine, and you'll have a great time on your holiday!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I totally understand how you feel. I hate leaving my chi for a few hours, but it sounds like your chis are in good hands and you should try to relax and enjoy yourself. A phone call will help you feel better that everything is good with your chis.
Have a nice trip & enjoy!!!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
We went on holiday last year for the first time in 7 years i got my mother in law who knows the dogs well too stay at our home
Quiet a few of mine were fine with this but 3 didn't cope quiet so well but after 2 days they came round but one lost loads of weight (she will stay with her breeder in furture)

I would say they are going too be fine yes they will miss you but its only going too be a few days so go away and relax they will be there when you get home!!
I have actually booked another holiday for this year and i am looking forward too it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the advice so far folks. We are only going away for the week and they will have 11 other chi chis for company including tiffany and tequillas mums and dad.

Tyson is the one we got from somewhere else so he will need to toe the line or hel get beaten up by the rest of the gang. When I tell him this im sure hes thinking "yes i can cause as much mayhem as i want and you wont be here to stop me"

My main thought i cant get out of my head is the thought of taking them to our breeder/therapist and watching their wee faces as we drive away. If i could geet away with it id never go on hols again without them, but hey my wife is a sun worshiper and weve had a few chi chi holiday in trhe last two years in the uk.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Dogs are like children & will sense your anxiety, worry, sadness. Try to stay positive around them & be happy inside so they won't worry. Just think about how much fun you're going to have and remember they will be fine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I know its hard, I went to mexico and missed little C.C like crazy! I left C.C with her breeder and all her chi's, I was so happy to have someone look after her I trust so much!

An idea, you can ask if your petsitter could take pictures while your gone and email them to you and give you little email updates! That really helped me :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts