Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start out by saying, i'm a teenager and I'm still in highschool. Obviously I'm going to have a life, outside of going to school and coming home. Not to much of one, but I occasionaly like to go to a friends house for awhile, or going out for the night. It's okay to leave my chi home while I'm gone right? I won't be gone ALL the time so don't get the wrong idea but there are things like plays and sport meets that I'll have to attend. There will be someone home with her, I just want to make sure its alright.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
It's fine. I got my first one when I was a pre-teen and he made it just fine. Since I was doing school plays and working on the school newspaper and had an after school job through high school there were plenty of times I couldn't be home. College was nearly as bad and we made it just fine.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
as long as you know your baby will be getting time and attention and not just existing, Live! because you only come around once

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
and not to be a downer but the dog may bond with whomever is home the most.....just be prepared for that possibility

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Kemo's mamma said:
and not to be a downer but the dog may bond with whomever is home the most.....just be prepared for that possibility

I wish that were the case here I'm home 24/7 anf when my fiance comes home from work forget it. Its like my kids were Mommy stayed home and was the discipilinrian, Daddy will sneak us treats and people food. When hes home I am none existant :(

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Its fine to have your own life go, do, be young. just make sure that you spend time with your chi when you can. Im a 23 year old & I have a 2 year old son so my chi has to pretty much wait in line sometimes for my attention but hes fine with it & we have plenty of time toghther so he doesnt have to question if hes loved or not.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
WE all have lives and there is always going to be something that makes us not be home every minute of the day. you have to live your life.. just think of all the kisses you get when you come home...

Amanda went to her dads this week(spring break) and the first night Gadget would stand on the end of the bed and look intot he livingroom. and finally I took him out there so he could see Amanda wasn't there.. then he laid down and went to sleep..

The next day Mark went to work and he did his usuall good bye wiggles and whines and then he laid down and took his morning nap like usuall. But that night when Mark came home.. boy he was like super wiggly and happy dad was home.. he even follwed him into the bedroom when he changed his clothes (that was a new one). then when mark went in and laid down gadget went in and wouldn't come out... It was like he was afraid dad was going to leave again..

then yesterday morning when Mark went to leave Gadget was like more wiggly and wanted more kisses before Mark left.. then when Gadget heard the door close he got whiney and then he heard the truck and he started to whine/howl. it was cute but annoying at the same time.. not sure why he started doing that... when Makr came home last night and laid on the bed Gadget was like right on top of him and was not going to let him move.. every time Mark would go into another room Gadget followed him and when I went into the bedroom and laid down he came over and gave me kisses and then went and laid back down on Mark...

Again last night (11:30pm) I had to bring Gadget out into the livingroom so he could walk around and whine..

this morning when mark left after his mornig kisses and wiggles. I played with Gadget distracting him while makr left and he didn't whine or anythign.. he played for a few minutes and then he climbed down his steps and went into the livingroom walking around and going between the bedroom and the livingroom..

It is weird.. he has never acted like this before... Every morning when Amanda goes to school Gadget gets kisses and she leaves and he is fine and the same thing with Mark..

Last night we were talking and the only thing we can figure out is that he knows amanda is not here.

He didn't do this when I was in the hospital because he went to work withmark all day...

he is totally fine during the day and he does his normal thing...

Amanda comes home tomorrow... Mark thinks he will be glad to see her and then he will be mad that she left him... I think he will go back to normal after she comes home... this is the first time since Christmas Amanda went to her dads, so Gadget is not used to it yet... man I can totally wait til summer now.. if this is going to be the way he acts while she is gone...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts