Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today. Mark and I went shopping and Amanda was over @ our neighbors house painting their fence.

I loaded peanutbutter in Gadget's kong and gave it to him.. We went out the door and as soon as the door closed we heard him bark... He bark the whole time we were walking to the car and getting in.. poor little boy proabably thought we were leaving him for good...

We had Amanda check on him a couple times while we were gone...

she said every time she checked on him he ws sitting right by the door...

The good thing is he pooed on the pottty pad in the bathroom while we were gone.... That is like 4 days i a row that he hasn't had any accidents... fingers crossed for more success....

We were only gone about 1 1/2 hours.. When we got home he was so glad to see us... He couldn't wiggle out of Marks arms fast enough when he saw me...

After I got the groceries put away I took him for a short walk.. he was so happy he just bounced around...

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
yay gadget!! good job on the wee wee pad training!! i'm so proud of you for being a brave boy all by yourself!

i am leaving chiwi home everyday, even if it is just for an hour or so. i am so scared that she will have the same seperation anxiety that my poor tasha bird had. at first chiwi would cry and whine and be so distraught but now she is doing better and better, never cries anymore at all! when i come back she is really excited to see me and she has all ehr toys piled on my bed lol but she ahsn't messed anything up, knock on wood. and she always uses her pads. i did have to put 2 more down :roll: even though it's not a very big area, (it's like a studio apartment) but since i put the pads where she was showing that she liked to go there has been no accidents.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Oh isn't it so hard to leave them for the first time?? I almost cried the first time I had to leave Lina home by herself. It's horrible and I knew that she wasn't going to be happy with me lol. That was way back when we still crated her every time we left though. Now, it's not so horrible. I leave the TV on in our room for her, and shut all the doors (we keep her in the bedroom instead of the crate now when we leave) to keep her safe. She's just as good as gold. I usually come home to find her sleeping in her bed or chewing on a toy lol.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I remember when I frist left baby home alone I had to go to school. She was about 3 months old at the time I remember walking out the door to catch the bus and hearing her cry I couldn't stand it so I ended up missing the bus and Had to get a ride with my Neighbor It about killed me leaving her that frist time. Still to this day when I leave to go to school she still crys for me..LOL

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i need to leave Gadget home more so he will get used to it... But I love taking him with me...

He is geting really good about using his potty pad for pooing...

He hasn't had a pee accident in a long time.. i did catch him marking the other day,... it is funny because he will go pee on his pad and then walk around the house and lift his leg... nothing comes out but he keeps doing it.. hehehhe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts