Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am starting her diet today!! It's gonna be tough but I know she will be much better off for it.
So since she already ate 1/8 c. totw this morning, I am going to give her the suggested *by kristi* 1/8c. green beans, and 8 kibbles, and i'll think i'll add some water to it also.
This morning i weighed her the best I can and that is me holding her on our scales and then without her. This a.m. it said the difference was 6 1/2 lbs.
Here goes.............. wish us luck!! :D

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Good for you! Her knees and joints will thank you and she will be slim and trim in no time! My mother in laws sheltie lost a ton of weight on the green bean diet and since it has lots of fiber, she wasn't hungry either. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Honestly dogs don't notice it like a human would, are you aware dogs can go for several days with no food with few ill effects?

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Good luck, Cheryl! You are doing the best thing for her! :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Awww she'll do OK. Keep her nylabones handy. Don't give in to the puppy eyes. Once you get about a pound off her you can get her back to 1/4 cup kibble a day.

DEFINITELY add water. It will slow her down and flush her body systems...both good things. Really this is the best thing you can do for her...

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Good luck! I can't wait to see the new Leila! You'll definitely have to post up pictures as the diet progresses (especially since we know you just got a new camera! ;) )

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awww she'll do OK. Keep her nylabones handy. Don't give in to the puppy eyes. Once you get about a pound off her you can get her back to 1/4 cup kibble a day.

DEFINITELY add water. It will slow her down and flush her body systems...both good things. Really this is the best thing you can do for her...
I did and it took her a while to eat it haha. Fortunately she isn't picky and doesn't turn her nose up at beans. :)
I am AVOIDING EYE CONTACT with her at meal time. lol

Good luck! I can't wait to see the new Leila! You'll definitely have to post up pictures as the diet progresses (especially since we know you just got a new camera! ;) )
Will do!! :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Ha Ha...good luck. I have to not have eye contact with Zoey when she eats, because she snarfs it then looks at me with those pitiful eyes, and tells me her sad story of how she is starving to death (NOT!). They sure know how to get what they want don't they?

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Go Leila and Mommy! You can do it! Her little legs will have a lot less stress from the weight loss. She is a little thing, so I think she'll be happy to be a bit lighter on her feet. Can't wait to hear great updates, and pics!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ha Ha...good luck. I have to not have eye contact with Zoey when she eats, because she snarfs it then looks at me with those pitiful eyes, and tells me her sad story of how she is starving to death (NOT!). They sure know how to get what they want don't they?
Thank You! ;) Yes they do and it's hard to resist. She is in the kitchen looking around as i type. lol
Go Leila and Mommy! You can do it! Her little legs will have a lot less stress from the weight loss. She is a little thing, so I think she'll be happy to be a bit lighter on her feet. Can't wait to hear great updates, and pics!
Thanks!!! I am excited and her clothes will fit her better, they are a bit "snug" now. ;)

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OH EM GEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHe already cheated on her diet!!! :O
She just ate her pm meal of 8 kibble and green beans and i fed all of the dogs at the same time, right! Ok, so I let her out of her pen about 20 mins later to take all of the dogs out to potty. Well I came back in and got busy and left the room, then i come back in and see her chomping on something and realize.... she's eating lucy's dinner. :evil1: GRRRRR! That stinkin lucy didn't even eat hers, she makes me so mad, she hasn't even ate all day you would think she would've ate it, but lucy is very non interested in eating.
This is going to be hard! I am usually very careful to make sure leila is in her pen when i feed lucy, got caught off guard this time!! WON'T happen again though I Guarantee that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
OH EM GEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHe already cheated on her diet!!! :O
She just ate her pm meal of 8 kibble and green beans and i fed all of the dogs at the same time, right! Ok, so I let her out of her pen about 20 mins later to take all of the dogs out to potty. Well I came back in and got busy and left the room, then i come back in and see her chomping on something and realize.... she's eating lucy's dinner. :evil1: GRRRRR! That stinkin lucy didn't even eat hers, she makes me so mad, she hasn't even ate all day you would think she would've ate it, but lucy is very non interested in eating.
This is going to be hard! I am usually very careful to make sure leila is in her pen when i feed lucy, got caught off guard this time!! WON'T happen again though I Guarantee that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahahahahaaaa...how do you think Laurel got so chubs!? sneakin' fuds!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Lol good luck leila you'll be so much happier for itc
Cheryl if Lucy doesn't eat her food after 25 mins pick it up she can go without shell soon learn to eat at dinner times!! Also it's easier on leila if she's confined for those 15 mins all food is up when she's out her pen

1 - 20 of 111 Posts