Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took Tico to a local park that has a new water play area for kids so he could see some different people...

and while we were there, a couple girls (adult) asked what he was mixed with because he 'couldn't' be 100% chihuahua. He 'must' be mixed with dash or something because he is sooo long and has way too long of a nose for chihuahua! whatever...

Besides for him still looking like a pudgy puppy, I think his length vs. height and profile is pretty good...

I don't think I will show him anyway, so it really doesn't matter if he conforms totally to the standard anyway... but it bugs me people do that. Do they point out what they think is a fault on a large dog?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
He looks all Chi to me :?
Isn't one of the characteristics of Chihuahuas that they have a long body?
Not Dachshund long though!

I think he looks lovely, and he's as good a Chi as the next :)
His muzzle is longer than Lexi's by the look of the picture, but who says they ALL have to have exactly the same features? There are SO many lovely looking Chi's on here and they're all different in physical appearance, slightly.
Don't worry, as much as there are so many people who love them, there are also people who just have a "thing" about little dogs :roll:
I've met a few in the park myself...

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Who cares what they think! Chihuahuas come in all shapes and sizes. Unless they are show dogs, they all look so different from eachother and I love that about them! :D

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
paris and cosmo have also long bodies !!

we joked on time that they are dachs ???so i think your chi is very normal and super cute !!!

kisses nat

·
Registered
86 Posts
He is a sweetie pie dont listen to those people i get the same thing my baby is seven pounds and very long i know his family history 4 genarations back. They are all different shapes and sizes. :twisted:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
These girls are not experts about chihuahuas.. I would ignore what they said and next time when someone says something to you about him being mixed... yep he is he is mixed with 2 chihuahuas... that will throw them a loop and they will walk away....

I was told one day that Gadget wasn't a real dog... I said nope he is MY dog.... so there for he is a real big baby dog...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I've only been a dog owner for a month now, and I can safely say I hate people telling me about my dog when they don't even have a Chi.
They assume that a Chi should be treated and trained the same way as a bigger dog should!
I hate when people say things like "oh she doesn't look like a dog".
It's just plain rude.

She's every bit dog, just in a smaller package! lol.
So don't let those people get you down, your dog is ALL Chi and he's super cute. They are probably jealous. ;)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I have noticed that non-Chi people don't have a clue what Chihuahuas look like unless it's dog that resembles the Taco Bell Chi or Paris Hilton's little spoiled thing. They're unaware that they come in different colors, sizes and, most importantly, Chi Parents!

Your pup is absolutely adorable and, to me, looks exactly like what a Chi puppy should look like - happy, healthy and loved.

·
Registered
538 Posts
People are just plain rude! And, NO, it's not only the little ones. I get this with my Golden too! He is 100% Golden Retreiver, but because his hair coat is much longer than most other Golden Retreiver's, stupid people ask me what he's mixed with constantly. BTW....your baby is adorable and looks chi to me. People.......grrrrrrrrrr!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts