Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the normal poo routine on Kibble was something like this.

1 poo when i wake up in the morn, from when she has gone during the night

1 poo when i come home at lunch

1 poo in the evening

Now,

Im so out of whack!

The past 2 nights i have given her raw chicken and my routine is all off!

Should I be getting less of them now?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Yep, that's one of the WONDERFUL benefits of raw, smaller, less smelly poops. Zoey only poops 1-2x a day now, she was 4-5 times on kibble.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody usually poops once or twice a day and it is very, very small. That's normal!

You may also notice that she drinks wayyyyyyyyy less water. That's because the raw is so saturated with water that they don't drink as much out of the bowl.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, that's one of the WONDERFUL benefits of raw, smaller, less smelly poops. Zoey only poops 1-2x a day now, she was 4-5 times on kibble.
Brody usually poops once or twice a day and it is very, very small. That's normal!

You may also notice that she drinks wayyyyyyyyy less water. That's because the raw is so saturated with water that they don't drink as much out of the bowl.
Wonderful!

Another question :D

Do you freeze any of the raw meat? for example, I got 3 wings, and put them in the fridge and she has had one the last 2 nights but I didnt want to risk it tonight just incase the chicken was going bad? is freezing it okay???

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Wonderful!

Another question :D

Do you freeze any of the raw meat? for example, I got 3 wings, and put them in the fridge and she has had one the last 2 nights but I didnt want to risk it tonight just incase the chicken was going bad? is freezing it okay???
Yep you can freeze and thaw as often as you want. That's perfectly fine.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Yes freezing is a good thing, I bought 2 roasts today, going to go home and separate into meal sized portions (1oz sizes) and then freeze. I normally pull out 2-3 days out of the freezer at a time so it has time to defrost in the fridge. If you accidentally forget to pull something out, don't defrost in the microwave, but use warm water to defrost.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes freezing is a good thing, I bought 2 roasts today, going to go home and separate into meal sized portions (1oz sizes) and then freeze. I normally pull out 2-3 days out of the freezer at a time so it has time to defrost in the fridge. If you accidentally forget to pull something out, don't defrost in the microwave, but use warm water to defrost.
Yeah I dont even do that with food for myself, i certianly wouldnt do it for fiddle! Thanks for the help guys! Im sure i'll be needing more along the way!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Yep, one of the raw perks. :D I was also floored when I first started because my pups hardly ever touched their water dish. Makes sense though! My crew goes poo usually once a day...sometimes twice. And like the others say...it's very small. You can freeze meat indefinitely (pups don't mind a little freezer burnt meat) and you can even freeze, thaw & refreeze. :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, one of the raw perks. :D I was also floored when I first started because my pups hardly ever touched their water dish. Makes sense though! My crew goes poo usually once a day...sometimes twice. And like the others say...it's very small. You can freeze meat indefinitely (pups don't mind a little freezer burnt meat) and you can even freeze, thaw & refreeze. :)

Awesome! Being able to freeze it makes my life alot easier!

Whats the forumula to how much to feed them again?

Sorry! I bet you hate having to repeat this to every raw curious person!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
It's usually 2-3% of their body weight but puppies sometimes you have to feed up to 10% of their body weight. How much does Fiddle weigh now & how old is she?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's usually 2-3% of their body weight but puppies sometimes you have to feed up to 10% of their body weight. How much does Fiddle weigh now & how old is she?
She is 5months and 10 days. And weights about 950gms. Thats 33.510263852120005 Oz apparently?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
This site helps you calculate:
Calculate

I started out feeding Ziva 10% since she's a puppy (5 months old) but am going to drop it down to 4% and see how she does since she's a puppy she needs more. 10% is making her pudgy. So she's going to get 4% of her weight and we will adjust as needed.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
This site helps you calculate:
Calculate

I started out feeding Ziva 10% since she's a puppy (5 months old) but am going to drop it down to 4% and see how she does since she's a puppy she needs more. 10% is making her pudgy. So she's going to get 4% of her weight and we will adjust as needed.
The contentkeeper blocks that site at work (fkn ridiculous!) I will try on my phone...

ok! on my iphone, it only goes up to 8% so i will use that one?

tho 10% would be 95grams, if she weights 950grams?

Yes? im not mathematician

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I find it easier to use their projected adult weight :) and go from there but 95 grams is about 3.5 ounces a day you can split that into 2 or 3 meals depending on what you're feeding her now if she starts looking skinny add more if she looks fat take it down

Mine poo once or twice a day sometimes skip a day

Try not to give her just wings they are very heavily bones bone in breast is good

1 - 15 of 15 Posts