Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The park is a straight four-block walk from my apartment. But at the third block, just around the corner, is Canine Palace, a nice little local pet-supply shop. Butterbean knows that's where we get the good stuff, and tries to pull in that direction every time we come to that corner. If I relent and turn that direction with her, she strains all the harder to drag me to hurry up, as you see here.

What can I say? I'm a sucker when I look down the leash and see that little face. Here she is enjoying the pig ear that her pushover of a Daddy bought her today:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL...funny! Is Savannah a really dog friendly city?
Ooooh yeah. Lots of downtown businesses leave water dishes out by their doorsteps, and keep dog treats behind the counter. Part of what made up my mind to get a dog was just the cumulative effect of seeing all these happy dogs getting walked all the time, and always wanting to pet them.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awh that place looks so cute!
It's great! PetSmart doesn't carry Tiger Dreamz, but this place does. I actually got Butterbean a small brown TD blanket from there before my mom got her that cloud leopard trundle bed. Also, the first time I came in with Butterbean and made our introductions, the owner gave me a lot of very nice food sample pouches, including Taste of the Wild, which I've since bought in the small bag.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ooooh yeah. Lots of downtown businesses leave water dishes out by their doorsteps, and keep dog treats behind the counter. Part of what made up my mind to get a dog was just the cumulative effect of seeing all these happy dogs getting walked all the time, and always wanting to pet them.
Maybe my family should attempt another day trip to Savannah again, this time visiting downtown. We didnt know where to go last time we came (hubby friend that lives there was no help), and this is before we got our dog.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Aww papa's little girl gets her way every time! :love2:
You are so good with her, it's so nice. Lucky pup!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
with a name like "canine palace" what dog wouldn't wanna take a sniff inside! :lol: adorable :D i have a park right by my house too but i read some horrible reviews about it ....so i dont bother to go~

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe my family should attempt another day trip to Savannah again, this time visiting downtown. We didnt know where to go last time we came (hubby friend that lives there was no help), and this is before we got our dog.
Wow, if you haven't visited downtown, you really haven't visited Savannah. I could make some suggestions if you'd like to come around, or even show you all around with enough advance notice. When the weather's nice, you can eat and drink very well here exclusively at places that have outdoor seating where pets are welcome.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
The shop is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, but the owner tells me that when she opens up on Wednesdays, there are always lots of nose-prints on the door.

LOL that's adorable! :) They must have a lot of goodies!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh wow! I was born in Beaufort and lived in Hilton Head. We always visited Savannah :)
Cool! What years was that? Downtown just keeps getting better and better, both in terms of restoring historic structures, and in developing new business. Like I told Angie, let me know if you're ever in the neighborhood again.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL that's adorable! :) They must have a lot of goodies!
Yeah, and for such a "boutiquey" little place, the prices are all quite reasonable, even competitive. I love it, too, that the distance from my front door to this great little shop is probably no farther than the average Super Wal-Mart parking lot.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wow, if you haven't visited downtown, you really haven't visited Savannah. I could make some suggestions if you'd like to come around, or even show you all around with enough advance notice. When the weather's nice, you can eat and drink very well here exclusively at places that have outdoor seating where pets are welcome.
Thanks for the offer, maybe we try again and go in the spring when it's a bit warmer since we take Star everywhere. My husband been too busy working lately too.:D I wonder if downtown Savannah is similar to downtown Charleston?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts