Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo guys I got a question about my boy here. He is a 3 years and 9 months ago boy. I always so curious why he always licking his forearm area after he playing so roughly with his toys or running crazy then after he done the licking he will play or run roughly again. Does your Chi have the same behavior when playing?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
No, I haven't heard of that before. My Billy licks his legs and feet every night, but not in the middle of playing. Well, to be honest, Billy doesn't really play. Some dogs are compulsive lickers, my old rescue terrier mix licks my sheets every night. It's annoying to roll over into a wet spot. But nothing I've done stops that behavior.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
sometimes, licking is a self calming action. One of my chihuahuas licks a lot, as she has a lot of anxiety. She is on phenobarbital for focal epilepsy. Has been on it for years. As long as the licking is not making the hair thin, or angry. I would not worry about it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
My dogs don't lick after playing but they did when is bedtime or there getting ready for a nap.
Jojo did develop a lick granuloma earlier this year because he tends to "over" lick. But he got a cream and medication from the vet and surprisingly he doesn't lick as much at night (this dog would lick for an hour straight)
So as long as you don't notice any kind of difference it should be fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts